The flavor of lightly charred asparagus wrapped in smoky, juicy bacon is a combination you can’t go wrong with. These grilled Bacon Wrapped Asparagus bundles are the perfect side dish that’s easy and healthy.
You know what I always have troubles with? Finding a side dish to put on the grill along with the meat of our choice! This Grilled Bacon Wrapped Asparagus is at the top of my favorites grilled side dishes along with these Grilled Sweet Potatoes!
I love serving these with my favorite Grilled Salmon recipe!
Plus, they take all of 10 minutes to prepare, throw them on the grill with your main dish and boom you have a meal!
Why You’ll Love this Grilled Bacon Wrapped Asparagus!
- It’s easy to make! With only a handful of ingredients it’s quick and easy to prepare.
- It’s delicious. The flavor of that smoky bacon and asparagus meld together perfectly.
- It’s the perfect side dish for holiday meals because it looks impressive, but easy enough to make any day of the week for an easy dinner.
Ingredients for Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Asparagus – Make sure they are about the same size so they cook evenly.
- Bacon – Grab thinner bacon for this recipe so it cooks quicker.
- Salt & Pepper – Add garlic into the seasonings if you’d like!
- Olive Oil – You could also use vegetable oil.
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Asparagus on the Grill
- The first step to making Bacon Wrapped Asparagus is to preheat your grill to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Next you will trim the ends of your asparagus to each piece is about 5 to 6 inches long.
- Place asparagus in a mixing bowl and toss with olive oil to coat. Then season with salt and pepper.
- After that you will take 5-6 spears of asparagus and one slice of bacon. Wrap the bacon around the bundle of asparagus and secure with a toothpick if desired.
- Repeat until all the spears and bacon are used.
- Place the bundles on the preheated grill for 10 minutes then flip and grill an additional 10 minutes or until the bacon is crispy and asparagus is cooked through.
- Rotate bundles evenly to make sure they are cooked evenly.
- Add Cajun seasoning for a little kick.
- Watch grilling time closely, remove when they are cooked to your preference.
- Balsamic Glaze – Drizzle a balsamic glaze on the bundles right before serving.
- Brown Sugar Glaze – Brush before grilling with a mixture of butter and brown sugar.
- Parmesan Cheese – Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese before or after baking.
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Asparagus in the Oven
You can make this in the oven if you prefer not to grill and it’s so easy.
If you would like to make these in the oven bake in preheated oven warmed to 400 degrees on a roasting pan for about 25-30 minutes.
Make Ahead Tips
Prep the bundles and wrap in bacon up to 1 day before grilling. Store in the refrigerator until ready to grill.
When ready to grill pull them out and prepare on the grill according to directions.
How to Store Leftovers
If you have leftovers put them in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
How to Reheat Leftovers
To reheat we recommend placing them on a baking sheet and reheating in the oven to get crispy bacon. Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees until warmed through.
You could also chop them up, add them to a skillet and heat through. They’d make an amazing addition to pasta with a butter sauce!
Whenever you choose to make these Grilled Bacon Asparagus Bundles they will be delicious and a hit!
- Pair these with juicy Grilled Chicken Thighs with the perfect seasoning.
- Use our pork chop marinade and grill up the perfect pork chops!
- Maybe kabobs are more your thing! If so, make a batch of Steak Fajita Kabobs or Greek Chicken Kabobs!
- Keep it light and fresh with Grilled Lemon Chicken!
Shop Our Spices
- 1 pound asparagus
- 6 slices bacon
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- Heat grill to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Trim ends of asparagus so they are 5-6 inches long. Place in mixing bowl and toss with olive oil to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Take 5-6 asparagus spears and one slice of bacon. Wrap bacon around the asparagus. Secure with toothpick if desired.
- Grill for 10 minutes. Flip and grill for an additional 10 minutes or until bacon is crispy and asparagus is cooked through.