Grilled Pineapple Chicken is a quick and easy dinner recipe prepared on the grill! It starts with a homemade marinade for the chicken breasts which you can do the night before or morning of when making this easy recipe. Then you simply take the chicken breasts out and grill them until they are nice and juicy. While you are grilling the chicken your will also grill your pineapple rings so they have a delicious charred and caramelized taste to them. Then top your chicken breasts with the pineapple slice and serve! So quick, easy and delicious!
If you love this Grilled Pineapple Chicken is a twist on our super popular Grilled Pineapple Pork Chops recipe! They are both such a quick and easy grilled dinner idea!
Juicy Grilled Pineapple Chicken!
You’re going to love the taste and the flavor of this delicious chicken recipe. Combining the grilled flavor with a bit of sweetness really sets this recipe apart!
I love that it’s a quick and easy grilled dinner recipe for the summer. I usually make the marinade the night before and toss it in the bag and then when I come home from work the next night it’s ready to make!
What ingredients do I need for Grilled Pineapple Chicken?
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, I think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this delicious easy Grilled Pineapple Chicken recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
How do I grill Pineapple Chicken?
- Prepare Marinade -In a large plastic Ziploc bag mix together the drained pineapple juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic powder, ginger powder and black pepper. Smush the bag with your hands to dissolve the sugar.
- Reserve 1/2 c. marinade.
- Reserve the pineapple rings.
- Marinade Chicken Breasts – Simply place the chicken in a bag and cover with the marinade. Let sit and marinate together overnight.
- Grill Chicken and Pineapple – Preheat grill to 350 degrees. Add on the chicken and cook for 5-8 minutes per side. While the chicken is cooking, add your pineapple rings onto the grill as well. The chicken is done once it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees and the pineapple rings are done once they show grill marks.
It’s doesn’t get easier than that! Anyone can throw this recipe on the grill!
Quick Tips and Tricks for Pineapple Chicken!
Here are some frequently asked questions about grilling Grilled Pineapple Chicken! If you have additional questions please comment below and we will do our best to answer them!
Can I make this with Chicken Thighs instead of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts?
You can. Honestly, you can use any varied type of chicken meat that you want. Just make certain that you always check the internal temperature and don’t remove from grill until it’s at 165 degrees.
Could I make this chicken as kabobs?
You can! Simply cut up your chicken and pineapple into pieces and add onto a skewer to cook instead. I would recommend cooking the chicken on a skewer and the pineapple on a different skewer since they are going to cook and be done at different times.
What should the internal temperature of grilled chicken be?
Use an instant read meat thermometer and always double-check the internal temperature of the chicken to see if it’s done. To be able to pull it and serve, the internal temperature needs to be at least 165 degrees F.
Make sure you don’t grill it past that 165 degree F mark or you will be left with dry, chewy chicken breasts and no one wants over cooked chicken!
Can I use leftover marinade?
Nope! Since you’re using raw chicken and putting it into the marinade, you don’t want to take the chance of cross-contamination. Once you’ve used it once, you’ll want to discard.
How should I store leftover grilled chicken?
All you need to do to store any leftovers is place the chicken in an airtight container or bag and sit it in the fridge.
I would consume leftovers within 3-4 days.
What can I do with leftover Pineapple Chicken?
You can do so much! Cut up the pieces and add to salad, or put on bread and make a sandwich. Or, if you’re like me, just reheat it the next day and enjoy that same taste and flavor all over again!
More easy Grilled Chicken Recipes!
Grilled Chicken is one of my go-to things on the grill. Listed below are a few of our other favorite recipes using chicken on the grill!
- Grilled Teriyaki Chicken
- BBQ Chicken on Grill
- Beer Can Chicken on Grill
- Grilled Coconut Lime Chicken
- White Barbecue Chicken
Complete your Grilled Pineapple Chicken meal with these side dish recipes!
You can always serve this easy recipe over white or brown rice, but here are a few of our other favorite grilled side dishes to serve with it!
- Baked Potatoes on Grill
- Grilled Caesar Salad
- Grilled Corn on the Cob in Foil
- Grilled Cauliflower Steak
- Grilled Green Beans in Foil Packets
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THESE GRILLED PINEAPPLE CHICKEN BREASTS RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time a post a new video!
Don’t forget, comment below and let me know how much you love this meal! Post a picture on Instagram and be sure to tag me so I can see it too! I’m loving all of your delicious foodie pics! You can find me at @gimmesomegrilling or just #gimmesomegrilling -if you hashtag me, I’ll get to see it that way too!
Grilled Pineapple Chicken Recipe
- 8 oz pineapple rings can juice drained and reserved
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- In a large plastic Ziploc bag mix together the drained pineapple juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic powder, ginger powder and black pepper. Smush the bag with your hands to dissolve the sugar. Reserve 1/2 c. marinade. Reserve the pineapple rings.
- Place the chicken breasts into the marinade. Squeeze out any air in bag, seal and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat grill to 350 degree. Rub grates with oil or preheat grill pan on oven over medium high heat.
- Remove chicken breasts from marinade. Shake off excess. Place on grill and grill 5-8 minute per side or in grill pan. Brush with the reserved marinade several times while grilling.
- While chicken is grilling place pineapple rings onto the grill and allow to cook until hot and the slices show grill marks then remove from grill.
- Remove chicken breasts from grill when internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Top with pineapple slices and serve.