Chicken Caprese is a quick and healthy dinner recipe. Seasoned chicken breast that is grilled and topped with Mozzarella, tomato, basil and a balsamic reduction.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- 4 thick slices of ripe tomato
- 4 ounce fresh mozzarella cheese sliced into 4 slices
- ¼ c. balsamic glaze or balsamic reduction
- ¼ c. thinly sliced basil
Heat a grill or grill pan over medium high heat.
Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper.
Mix together garlic powder, dried oregano and dried basil. Sprinkle over the chicken.
Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 3-5 minutes per side, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Cook time will vary depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts.
When chicken is done top with a slice of mozzarella cheese and cook for 1 more minute.
Remove from heat and place chicken breasts on a plate. Top each breast with 1 slice of tomato, thinly sliced basil and salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve.
- Pound out your chicken breasts to an even thickness to ensure even cooking. This will help to cook them evenly and a thinner side won't be dry and overcooked or the thicker side won't be cooked through.
- Make certain to slice the cheese and the tomatoes thick so that the flavors stay strong with the taste of the chicken!
- Using fresh mozzarella is the key to really bringing out that caprese taste and flavor.
- To make a balsamic reduction, simmer 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar over medium heat until it has reduced by 1/2.
Calories: 281kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 602mg | Potassium: 558mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1262IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 178mg | Iron: 1mg