Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Bread
Toasty, Crunchy Sourdough Bread Loaded with Melted Cheese, Butter and Garlic! This is the Perfect Side Dish to Grill. So Easy and So Delicious! You Can Also Make it in Your Oven!
- 1 Loaf Sourdough Bread
- 1 c. shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
Preheat the grill to 350 F.
In a small bowl combine the butter, salt and garlic. Melt in microwave. Stir in parsley.
Cut the sourdough bread on a diaganol into 1 inch diamonds. Do not cut all the way through the bread, similar to a french stick for garlic bread.
Pry each crack open with your fingers and drizzle in butter, then stuff with cheese.
Wrap with foil and place on grill for 15 minutes, or until cheese is mostly melted. Unwrap the top and grill for five more minutes to make the bread crusty on top.
- This can also be done in the oven. Follow the same directions but bake in the oven at 350 F.
- Use a "crusty" bread like Sourdough or Vienna bread. It's holds together better when you pull off pieces.
- Make sure to stuff the cheese and butter throughout the entire loaf of bread.
- Cut bread at a diagonally, but not all the way through the bread.
- Use a block of cheese and grate it yourself for the best melted cheese.
- Switch things up and use cheddar, Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack, Swiss or Fontina cheese.
- You can assemble this up to 4 hours ahead of time making it easy to make for guests.
- Mix things up by adding bacon, pepperoni, ranch dressing, chili etc.!
- Makes a great side dish, pair with a salad and grilled meat or as an appetizer.
- Don't over look the bottom! It's the best part. Think butter and cheese dropping all the way down to the bottom plus it's nice and crispy!
Recipe Adapted From: Recipe Tin Eats
- Since the bread is a hearty sourdough you can pop it in the microwave to reheat and it shouldn't get to soggy because the bread will stand up to the toppings.
- You can also wrap in foil and pop it in the oven at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes to reheat which will make it nice and crispy again.
Calories: 360kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 654mg | Potassium: 100mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 610IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 181mg | Iron: 2.2mg