Delicious, fresh jalapenos are stuffed with a cream cheese mixture and seasonings then wrapped in bacon. Grill them or bake until the bacon is crisp and the cheeses are melted!
- 8 jalapeno peppers
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 green onion minced
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 c. sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 16 bacon slices
Preheat grill to medium high or preheat your oven to 425 degree F.
Cut the stem off each jalapeno. Then cut in half lengthwise. Using a small spoon, melon baller or grapefruit spoon scrape out the seeds and membranes of jalapenos. I recommend wearing gloves while doing this.
Combine cream cheese, green onion, garlic powder and cheddar cheese in small mixing bowl. Stuff into the jalapeno halves.
Take a pieces of bacon and wrap around each jalapeno half, securring them with toothpicks.
Refrigerate jalapenos poppers for at least a hour. This helps prevent the cheese from melting out when you are grilling or baking them.
- Please wear gloves when stripping the seeds out of the peppers and DO NOT touch your face or eyes. The oils in the peppers can cause burns on your hands, face and eyes.
- The spice is found in the seeds and membranes in the jalapeno. To make these mild strip all the seeds and membranes out of the jalapeno. To increase heat leave a little of the membrane in the jalapeno.
- Make sure to select jalapenos that are of uniform size so they will bake at the same rate. Larger jalapenos are better because they are easier to clean and hold more creamy deliciousness.
- The cream cheese should be soft or the filling will not mix easily.
- Grab a block of cheese and grate it yourself. It will melt better since the prepackaged cheese us chemicals to prevent them from clumping.
- Don't over cook or the jalapeno won't hold its shape because they are too soft.
- If you have leftovers you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat them in the microwave or oven before serving.
Calories: 345kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 474mg | Potassium: 175mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 710IU | Vitamin C: 16.9mg | Calcium: 138mg | Iron: 0.4mg