BBQ Chicken Legs on the Grill
These grilled chicken legs are marinated in a simple bbq marinade. Grill them and get the perfect sweet, sticky drumsticks.
- 1/2 c. bbq sauce
- 1/4 c. grape jelly
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
In a large bowl whisk the BBQ sauce, grape jelly, garlic and black pepper.
Place chicken legs in gallon resealable plastic bag. Pour half of BBQ marinade over chicken legs. Remove air from bag. Marinated for at least one hour up to overnight.
Store remaining marinade in an airtight container in the fridge.
Preheat grill to 350 degrees. Place chicken legs on grill and bast with some of the reserved BBQ marinade. Grill for 30 minutes, rotating every 10 minutes and basting or until they reach an internal temperature of 185-190 degrees F.
- Grill your chicken drumsticks to an internal temperature of 185-190 degrees F to make sure there are no “bloody spots” around the bone. They won’t be overdone. You’ll still have a juicy, tender, fall-off the bone delicious chicken leg.
- Mix things up by using bone-in chicken thighs in this marinade.
- These can also be made in your oven. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with non-stick cooking oil. Place chicken legs on baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Store any leftovers in a airtight container.
- To reheat we recommend using the oven at 325 degrees F for about 25 minutes to get a crisp skin. You can reheat in the microwave but the skin won’t be crispy.
Calories: 185kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 208mg | Potassium: 171mg | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 95IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 0.6mg