Delicious, juicy hamburgers with a kick from taco seasoning! These burgers are piled with homemade guacamole, pico de gallo and lettuce and served on a toasted bun!
Preheat grill to medium heat about 350 degrees F.
In a mixing bowl combine beef, taco seasoning, salsa and cheese. Shape into 6-8 patties depending on how thick you want them.
Grill patties 4-5 minutes on each side or until done (160 degrees F).
Butter the insides of the buns. Place the butter side of the buns face down while the burgers cook to toast your buns. Remove when toasted.
Fill buns with lettuce, burger, gaucamole, and pico de gallo.
- Use beef that is no leaner than 85% but I prefer 80%. Due to the high fat content your burger will be juicy and full of flavor. Beware that higher fat meat with shrink more when they are grilled.
- Use a light touch when combining seasoning with the ground beef, if you mix to much you will be left with dense and heavy burgers.
- If you have time mix up the hamburgers, patty them and then let them sit in the fridge for several hours to help the flavor mingle. When you form the patties wet your hands to keep the beef from sticking to them. Separate the patties with my favorite hamburger patty paper.
- Ideally you want the burger to be about 3/4 inch thick. To keep the patties from swelling in the middle make a small indentation in the center.
- Make sure you don’t cook your patties over high heat. You want to cook them over a medium-low to medium heat. This will keep your burgers juicy. A high heat will burn the outside of the burger and the inside will not be done.
Calories: 765kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 50g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 142mg | Sodium: 1489mg | Potassium: 1638mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 36675IU | Vitamin C: 50.9mg | Calcium: 575mg | Iron: 10.1mg