This Traeger Meatloaf is smoked on your electric smoker and full of flavor! It's takes your favorite traditional meatloaf recipe with cheese and gives it an amazing flavor!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 8 strips bacon cooked and chopped
- 2 eggs whisked
- 1/2 c. Italian Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 c. yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 c. cheddar cheese shredded
Preheat and prepare electric smoker to 325 degrees F. according to manufacturer's directions.
In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients. Shape into a loaf.
Place on smoker and smoke until the internal temperature is 165 degrees F which should take about 1 1/2 hours.
Remove from smoker, slice and serve immediately.
Make Ahead Tips!
Absolutely! You can make it in the morning and just tuck it into the refrigerator until you're ready to cook in the afternoon. Can you freeze meatloaf before cooking? You can do that too! Make the meatloaf and freeze it raw. Then thaw when you're ready to cook the loaf.
Why does my meatloaf fall apart?
It will fall apart because there isn't enough binder i.e. bread crumbs or eggs. Either will result in a loaf that falls apart.
Wood Chips or Pellet Flavors
Sweet fruit woods like apple or cherry are great for this recipe, but you could also use a competition blend.
Meatloaf will keep in the refrigerator for four to five days. If you think it will be a while before it's eaten, just wrap it well and tuck it into the freezer. Well wrapped and sealed, it will last up to three months. When you're ready for a great meatloaf sandwich, you know what to do!
- We recommend using a wireless thermometer to monitor the internal temperature of your meatloaf easily.
- Any easy trick is to buy a rack to place the meatloaf on and then you can place that rack right onto the smoker rack. This means you don't have to transfer your meatloaf onto the smoker rack and there's less chance of it falling apart. Then just remove the rack and bring inside to slice when it's done! You can use any pan you have it just has to have holes on the bottom, like a grill pan, so the smoke can circulate all around the meatloaf.
- Exact cook times will vary depending on the thickness of your meatloaf and smokers. Always cook to temperature, not exact time.
Calories: 709kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 53g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Cholesterol: 199mg | Sodium: 1582mg | Potassium: 497mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 670IU | Vitamin C: 1.5mg | Calcium: 490mg | Iron: 3mg