Pork Chop Marinade Recipe
A quick and easy pork chop marinade perfect for pork chops on the grill or made on the stove in a grill pan! Plus, I bet you have all the ingredients in your house!
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ c. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ c. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 bone-in pork chops
In a small bowl whisk all the ingredients except the pork chops.
Add pork chops to a resealable zip lock bag or large bowl and pour the marinade over the top of the pork chops. Squeeze as much air out of bag as possible and seal.
Marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Preheat grill or grill pan to medium heat. Place pork chops on grill or in pan. Discard remaining marinade.
Grill over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer inserted in the middle of the meat reaches 145 degrees F. Remove from grill.
Let pork chops stand for 3-5 minutes before serving.
- FREEZER METHOD: Freeze uncooked pork in bag with marinade. To use, completely thaw in refrigerator. Grill as directed.
- The soy sauce in this recipe acts as a brine, which injects the pork with tons of flavor and makes it juicy. It's way better than your basic salt and water brine because it also brings a flavor to your marinade.
- After a hour the pork chops will already benefit from the marinating. I prefer to let them marinate for at least 8 hours and up to 24 hours to get the most out of the marinade!
- After five days you want to discard the pork chops if they are in the marinade that long. This is due to food safety concerns.
- Research shows that pork can be consumed safely when cooked to an internal temperature of 145 degree F and followed by a three minute rest time. This yields a finished product that is pinker in color than home cooks were used to, but no worries it's totally safe!
Calories: 460kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 116mg | Sodium: 1253mg | Potassium: 685mg | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin C: 1.8mg | Calcium: 53mg | Iron: 1.9mg