Grilled Bruschetta Chicken
Quick and easy recipe made on the grill or in a grill pan! Tender, juicy chicken topped with bruschetta and a balsamic glaze!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in half horizontally
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 Roma tomatoes seeded & finely chopped
- 1/4 red onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 4 Tbsp shredded fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- ½ cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup balsamic glaze
Brush olive oil over both sides of chicken breasts. Season the chicken with the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper on both sides.
Place the chicken on gas grill heated to medium-high heat or into a grill pan or skillet. Cook for 5-6 minutes per side, or until cooked until the thickest part of the breast reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
While chicken is cooking mix together ingredients for bruschetta. To save time you can also purchase store bought bruschetta.
Once chicken is cooked, remove from the heat. Top with bruschetta and pour the glaze over top.
- Make certain that you don’t overcook the chicken. You don’t want to have dry chicken for this recipe at all! Chicken is done when the juices run clear and the internal temperature is 165°F.
- If you have tomatoes from your garden, use them! Garden fresh tomatoes are absolutely the best!
- Once you make the bruschetta, chill it in the fridge for a little bit of time beforehand. That way the flavor has time to mesh together a bit more to create a truly flavorful dish.
- If you do happen to have any leftover, store the chicken and the bruschetta in separate containers. The bruschetta will have juices from the tomato and you don’t want to take the chance of it making the chicken soggy.
- If you are short on time go for store bought bruschetta, it’s not as good as homemade but it’s totally a time saver!
Calories: 316kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 627mg | Potassium: 608mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 769IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 182mg | Iron: 1mg