Grilled Chicken Thighs
Quick and easy grilled chicken thighs with a simple seasoning for tender, juicy bone-in chicken thighs!
- 2 lbs bone-in chicken thighs
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
Clean and grease grill or grill pan. Preheat grill to 450 degrees or grill pan over medium heat.
In a small bowl combine spices for seasoning.
While grill is preheating, trim thighs of any trim-able fat and extra skin if there is any. Rub the mixed seasoning over the the thighs and make sure to cover entire thigh. Let rest at room temperature until grill is preheated.
Place thighs on grill with skin side up. Grill for 10 minutes then flip onto other side. Grill for an additional 10 minutes with the skin side down. Grill to 180-185 degrees F..
Remove from grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Make certain that the grill is preheated before adding on the chicken thighs. This will ensure that you give them a nice crispy crust as you grill them.
- Use a meat thermometer to check the inside temperature of the chicken to make sure it's 165 degrees F.
- When grilling make sure to keep a medium heat, if you turn up the grill to high the skin will burn and the chicken won't get done. This will also cause them to dry out.
- Don't forget to let them rest, which let's the juices redistribute in the meat and makes the chicken thighs juicy!
Calories: 217kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 366mg | Potassium: 213mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 260IU | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg