Smoked Pumpkin Pie
Quick and easy pumpkin pit that can be baked in the oven or made on your smoker!
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 15 oz can pumpkin not pumpkin pie mix
- 14 oz can sweet condensed milk
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 pie shell unbaked
- Whipped cream for topping
Heat smoker to 325 degrees F. according to manufacturer's directions. Place a rimmed baking sheet upside down on smoker or cake pan.
In a large bowl combine all the ingredients except pie shell. Pour mixture into pie crust.
Place pie on top of upside down baking sheet in smoker. Smoke for 50-60 minutes or until knife inserted into center comes out clean and center is set.
Cool 2 hours. We recommend cooling overnight in refrigerator so the smoked taste comes out.
Serve or refrigerate until serving time. We recommend serving with a dallop of whipped cream!
Store in refrigerator.
- Place a rimmed baking sheet upside down and then place the pie on it to baking it more evenly in your smoker. This helps distribute the heat evenly.
- If your pumpkin pie is wet it is a sign that you've over baked your pumpkin. The wetness is actually from the eggs being overcooked that are added into the mixture.
- Another thing that can happen if you over bake your pie is that it will crack on top.
- A pumpkin pie is done when you can take a butter knife and insert it into the middle of the pie and pull it out without having any residue on it.
- Once your pie is cooled completely, place your pie in an airtight container and keep it stored in the fridge.
- If you happen to have leftover pumpkin pie, you can store it the same way as above. Just make certain that you keep it cool and save space for it in your fridge!
Calories: 292kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 168mg | Potassium: 329mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 8464IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 170mg | Iron: 2mg