Tender, juicy peaches that are grilled and topped with cinnamon, honey and ice cream.
- 2 large ripe peaches sliced in half
- 2 Tbsp oil
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Honey to drizzle
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
Preheat the grill to medium-high heat or a grill pan in the oven. Brush the inside of the cut peaches with oil, then lay them cut side down on the grill and close the lid.
Grill for 3-4 minutes until grill marks appear, then flip the peaches and cook for another 3-4 minutes until the peaches are warm all the way through and soft.
Remove the peaches from the grill and sprinkle with cinnamon then drizzle with honey. Top each peach half with a scoop of ice cream and serve immediately.
- How to Cut a Peach – Run a knife the natural seam from end to end. Then twist the peach to open. Remove the pit from the half that holds it by scooping it out with a spoon or using your fingers to pinch it and pull it out.
- Oil – Use an oil that has a high smoking point like canola or coconut oil.
- Cooking Time – This will vary depending on the size of your peaches, ripeness and actual temperature of grill. You’ll know the peach is cooked when you can pierce it easily with a sharp pairing knife.
- Picking your Peach - You want to find one that is firm, but also ripe and smell like a peach. This means the peach will be sturdy enough to grill and won’t fall apart. To tell if your peach is ripe give it a gently squeeze. You want it to have a little bit of give. The next thing you look for is the color. It should be a deep golden yellow, not pale. The last thing to look for is the texture. A ripe peach with have shriveled skin around the stem.
Calories: 337kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 95mg | Potassium: 379mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 743IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 158mg | Iron: 1mg