Smoked Pumpkin Dump Cake
Easy and quick dessert with tons of pumpkin flavor. Perfect for the holidays or fall.
- 2 cans pumpkin puree 15 oz each
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 12 oz evaporated milk 1 can
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 c. brown sugar packed
- 1 package yellow cake mix 15.25 oz
- 1.5 c. butter sliced
Preheat smoked to 350 degrees F.
In a large mixing bowl combine the pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, evaporated milk, eggs and brown sugar until completely combined either by hand or with a hand or stand mixer.
Pour batter into a greased 9x13 inch disposable aluminum pan.
Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over the top of the pumpkin batter. Placed sliced butter on top of cake mix evenly.
Place dump cake on smoker and smoke for approximately one hour or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Let cool for 10-15 minutes or until completely cooled.
Optional: Top with Cool Whipe, Homemade Whipped Cream or Ice Cream.
- This cake can also be baked in an oven instead of smoked on the smoker. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and bake for approximately one hour or until top is golden brown and center is set.
- Serve it with options to top it for a holiday meal like Cool Whip, Ice Cream or Homemade Whipped Cream.
- This dump cake can be served warm or at room temperature. Make sure to let it cool about 15 minutes from when you remove it from the smoker if you are topping it so it doesn’t melt the topping as soon as it is topped.
- Store any leftovers at room temperature for up to 3 days, but we recommend storing it in the refrigerator if it’s going to be leftover for more than a day.
- This cake is fine to be left out at room temperature so it’s great to serve at holidays, potlucks and parties where food tends to sit out.
Calories: 520kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 113mg | Sodium: 563mg | Potassium: 399mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 11890IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 178mg | Iron: 3mg