Smoked Potato Skins
This quick and easy appetizer is perfect for parties, tailgating and more. Crispy potato skins that are loaded with bacon, cheddar, sour cream and green onions!
- 6 medium russet potatoes washed, cleaned and pierced
- ¼ c. olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp pepper
- 8 bacon strips cooked and crumbled
- 1 ½ c. cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ c. sour cream
- 4 green onions sliced
Preheat smoked to 225 degrees F according to manufacturer's directions.
Clean your potatoes and pierce them with a fork. Set aside.
In a small bowl combine olive oil, sea salt, garlic powder and pepper. Brush on potatoes. Save remaining olive oil mixture for later.
Place potatoes on smoker set to 225 degrees F. Smoke for 3 hours or until soft and fork tender.
Remove potatoes from smoker and let cool until you can handle them.
Turn smoker temperature up to 325 degrees F.
Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a ¼’’ shell. Brush reserved olive oil mixture on potatoes.
Place potato shells in smoker on racks and smoke for about 15 minutes or until crisp. Sprinkle with bacon and cheddar cheese. Close smoker lid and smoke until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes longer.
Top with sour cream and onions, serve immediately.
Tips & Tricks!
- We recommend using russet potatoes to make these.
- When picking your potatoes make sure they are uniform in size so they smoke at the same rate.
- Make sure that your potato skins are nice and crispy before you pile on the toppings so they hold them and don't crumble.
Calories: 329kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 392mg | Potassium: 527mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 403IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 241mg | Iron: 1mg