Grilled Chicken Legs
Tender, juicy chicken legs in a delicious seasoning that are grilled for a quick and easy dinner!
- 2 lb chicken legs about 8 chicken legs
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
Preheat grill to 350 degrees F.
In a small bowl combine all the rub ingredients, set mixture aside.
Pat chicken dry with paper towel. Place chicken in a plastic resealable bag or bowl. Add olive oil and toss to coat.
Add spice mixture to bag or bowl and toss to coat chicken legs.
Place chicken legs on preheated grill over direct heat. Grill for 30 minutes, rotating every 10 minutes, or until they reach an internal temperature 165 degrees F. I actually prefer my chicken legs about 180-190 degrees so they fall off the bone and there’s no bloody spots around the bone.
- Keep the grill temperature around 350 degrees F. This allows the meat to perfect cook but does not cause the skin to burn or torch.
- Grill for about 10 minutes per side, flip over with a tongs and continue grilling. Do this for about 30 minutes.
- When rotating the chicken legs gently lift off the grill grates with a pair of tongs to make sure the skin is not sticking to the grill grates.
- Keep the lid closed as much as possible. This helps to cook the legs evenly.
- Got a flare up? This can happen since chicken legs somewhat greasy. If this happens simply turn down the heat to low and move chicken away from flames.
- Cook the legs over direct heat when you are grilling. You can cook it over indirect heat, but I think the skin is a lot more crispy when you cook over direct heat.
- We recommend cooking until the chicken is about 185 – 190 degrees F. It’s safe to eat at 165 degrees F, but the higher temperature is better for darker meat. The chicken will fall off the bone and be so tender.
Calories: 344kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 120mg | Sodium: 693mg | Potassium: 289mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 525IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg