Montreal Steak Seasoning
This homemade seasoning is the perfect way to season your steaks and potatoes! The best part is you have all the ingredients in your pantry for this copycat recipe.
- 2 Tbsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp ground coriander
- 1 Tbsp dried dill
- 1 Tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
The best way to grill a steak!
- Don't forget to store your homemade seasonings is in airtight containers. A jelly jar works great for this! Seal jars tightly to keep the moisture out. Keeping the jars in a cool location and out of bright lights will help them keep their flavor and last longer.
- Start by taking the meat out of the refrigerator and allowing it to come to room temperature. For a steak, about 20 minutes.
- High heat on the grill, heat it up!
- Of course your steak is already oil and seasoned with Montreal Steak Seasoning, but if not brush it lightly with olive oil and season well.
- Grill to your degree of doneness, get that steak charred and golden brown because that is what will give it big flavor.
- After removing from the grill, allow it to "rest" on a platter, loosely covered with foil. This gives the juices time to redistribute into the meat. It makes your steak that much more flavorful, juicy and tender!
Calories: 19kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Sodium: 1764mg | Potassium: 124mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 1180IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1.1mg