Baked Potato on the Grill
These Baked Potatoes are brushed with butter than seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Wrap them in tinfoil and grill them until they are light and fluffy inside! You’ll even eat the skins they are so delicious!
- 4 russet potatoes
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp coarse salt
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbsp ground pepper
Preheat grill to 400-450 degrees F.
Tear 8 sheets of foil squares, 12x12 inch, to fold around the potatoes. You will be double wrapping the potatoes.
Combine salt, garlic powder and pepper in small bowl.
Take one potato and brush the entire potato with butter. Sprinkle with a 1/4 of the seasonings. Spread over entire potato. Wrap in a piece of foil and then wrap another one around it.
Place on grill for 30 minutes. Turn every 10 minutes. Potatoes are done with they are easily pierced with a fork.
- Preheat your grill is essential. You'll want to make sure it's good and hot. We recommend trying to get it to an even 400-450 degrees F before putting the potatoes on the grill. Preheat the grill for about 15 minutes with the lid closed.
- Coating your potato with the seasonings is optional, but gives it so much flavor.
- Keep the lid of your grill closed as much as possible while cooking the potatoes to make the grill function like an oven for the potatoes.
- Wrap your potatoes in two layers of foil. This will help prevent any flare ups or bare spots.
- Buy equally sized russet potatoes to make sure they are all done cooking at the same time.
- We used smaller potatoes, if you use larger ones it will take longer to cook.
- Potatoes are done when you can easily pierce the potato with a fork or the internal temperature is at 210 degrees F.
- If you want to speed up the cooking process, pierce your potato a few times with a fork and microwave them on high 4-5 minutes before grilling.
- You can use any type of oil instead of butter when you coat the potatoes.
- If your main dish cooks at a lower temperature you can cook your potatoes at a lower temp, but plan on pre-cooking them in a microwave or cooking them longer on the grill at a lower temperature.
Calories: 288kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 3603mg | Potassium: 956mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 355IU | Vitamin C: 12.1mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 2.2mg