Quick and easy snack of cashews that are seasoned and smoked on your smoker.
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 c. butter melted
- 1 lb unroasted and unsalted peanuts
- 1 lb unroasted and unsalted cashews
Preheat smoker to 250 degrees F according to manufacturer's directions.
In a large mixing bowl combine seasonings and butter.
Add the peanuts and cashews to mixing bowl. Toss to coat.
Spread the nuts out in a disposable roasting pan and place on smoker
Smoke for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
Remove from smoker and let nuts cool to room temperature. Store in air tight container.
- Start with raw, unroasted and unsalted nuts. If you pick up roasted nuts they will burn in the smoker. Also, if they are salted you are going to end up with a really salty smoked nut mixture.
- Substitute other nuts for the cashews like Pecan Halves, Walnut Halves, Almonds (with skin to hold on the seasoning), peanuts, macadamias, pistachios etc.
- Mix your seasonings up! Add a little chipotle for a quick. Other spices you could use are ginger, curry powder, cinnamon etc.
- Allow the nuts to cool completely before enjoying them. The texture changes from soft when they are hot off the smoker to crunchy when they are cooled.
- After you have smoked the nuts allow them to cool and then store them in an airtight container. They can be stored at room temperature for up to two weeks. You can also store them in the freezer for 2-3 months.
- If you don't have a smoker you can simply grill these or bake these in the oven and follow the same temperatures and instructions. If you want the smoke flavor you could had a bit of liquid smoke to them, too.
- We recommend using either hickory or pecan wood chips for this recipe.
- If you don't want to use a pan you can wrap your smoker grates with foil and place the nuts directly on the foil when smoking.
Calories: 459.61kcal | Carbohydrates: 17.67g | Protein: 16.85g | Fat: 39.16g | Saturated Fat: 8.26g | Cholesterol: 10.17mg | Sodium: 245.46mg | Potassium: 537.68mg | Fiber: 4.86g | Sugar: 2.29g | Vitamin A: 118.18IU | Vitamin C: 0.19mg | Calcium: 55.19mg | Iron: 4.03mg