Vegetable & Sausage Foil Packets
Delicious and Easy Foil Packet Meal! These Vegetable & Sausage Foil Packets are a whole meal in one packet. They have Smoked Sausage, Green Beans and Potatoes. You can either make them on the grill or the oven. We love them for an easy dinner recipe!
Sausage Foil Packets
These foil packets make such a quick and easy dinner! Loaded with sausage, green beans and potatoes with a little season make them the perfect dinner recipe to throw on the grill after work. My kids love them because they get to eat “hot dogs”, yet I feel a little more sophisticated knowing it’s actually sausage! Plus, I have green beans fresh from the garden right now so I love using them up in these Vegetable & Sausage Foil Packets.
Any meal that satisfies both me and my husband plus our three kiddos is on repeat at our house! I also love that you can throw these in the oven if you don’t want to grill. I’m a woman so I like options! My husband would nod and agree with me on this. Typical woman in his eyes!
Reasons to love foil packets, have we talked about this before? No muss, no fuss – love that! Portioned out, yep love that too! Easy to hit the road with if you’re camping or having a cookout! You can individualize them also – add some extra spice or a few more vegetables!
What is not to love about a great sausage foil packet?!! If you love these you are also going to my French Dip Foil Packet for another easy dinner idea!
I’m telling you, darn near everything can be cooked in a foil packet. You can make breakfast, lunch or dinner in a packet and it’s all tasty and delicious – here are a few of my favorites!
Shopping List for Vegetable & Sausage Foil Packets
- Smoked sausage
- Baby yukon gold potatoes
- Green beans
- Heavy duty tin foil
Which side of the aluminum foil should touch the food? Which side of the foil sticks less?
- I always thought you should cook with the shiny side in but believe it or not, according to Reynolds Aluminum it doesn’t make a difference! Just like before, it doesn’t make a difference – trust me, I’ve done the research! 😉
- Another tip when it comes to aluminum is always grab the heavy duty foil, trust me there’s a difference!
How long does it take to cook sausage foil packets?
- Cook the packets until the potatoes are tender. This will take about 25 minutes when placed directly on the grill.
Steps to make Vegetable & Sausage Foil Packets
- Clean the grill grates.
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat.
- Tear off four sheets 8” x 8” pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine sausages, baby potatoes and green beans.
- Add the pepper, garlic powder, salt and butter. Toss to coat.
- Divide the mixture between the four foil sheets.
- Fold each piece of foil up into a pack. Fold two opposing sides together and then crimp the edges closed. Double wrap if you prefer.
- Set the packets directly on the grill and cook for 25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Foil packets can also be made in the oven. Preheat to 350 degrees and bake for 25 minutes
Watch below and see how easy it is to make these Vegetable and Sausage Foil Packets!
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time a post a new video!
Here are a few more terrific foil packets recipes I think you’ll really enjoy!
Butter Garlic Herb Steak Foil Packets • Shrimp Boil Foil Packets • Bacon Ranch Foil Packet
Love this too? Be sure to stop by on Instagram @gimmesomegrilling or use the #gimmesomegrilling when you share on social media! I love to see how tasty your meals turned out too!
What is your favorite meal to cook in a foil packet? I’d love it if you’d leave me a comment below!
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @gimmesomegrilling or #gimmesomegrilling so I can see your grilling masterpieces!
Vegetable & Sausage Foil Packets
- 12 ounces smoked sausage cut into 1'' pieces
- 1.5 lb baby yukon gold potatoes cleaned and quartered
- 8 oz green beans trimmed and halved
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- Clean grill grates. Preheat to medium high heat about 350 degrees.
- Measure out four 8'' x 8'' pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine sausages, baby potatoes and green beans. Add the pepper, garlic powder, salt and butter. Toss to coat.
- Divide the mixture between the four foil sheets. Fold each piece of foil up into a pack. Fold two opposing sides together and then crimp the edges closed. Double wrap if you prefer.
- Set the packets directly on the grill and cook for 25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Serve immediately.
Leave a Comment