Want a tender, juicy pork loin? You need to try this super easy Smoked Pork Loin recipe! It has a delicious homemade rub and then is smoked on your Traeger or electric pellet grill.
This is the perfect recipe if you are new to using a smoker or if you need an easy smoker recipe that’s hands off, yet gets amazing results. It’s perfect for a backyard party, birthday party, BBQ or dinner gathering!
This tender, juicy pork loin is amazing! A simple homemade dry pork rub is rubbed onto the pork loin, then smoked on the pellet grill. The end result is a perfectly seasoned pork loin that was juicy and delicious.
It’s the perfect recipe for you if you are a seasoned pro at using your pellet smoker or if you are just beginning. This is the homemade dry rub we used but you can use your favorite dry rub too!
When we first got our pellet grill I was a little bit overwhelmed so we started with smoking a pork loin since it was easy and totally something we could tackle! (We quickly graduated to Smoked Pork Chops – you have to that recipe, amazing!)
Why this recipe works:
- It’s so easy and really hard to mess it up! Just watch the internal temperature and pull it at 145 degrees to make sure it’s juicy and not dry!
- Minimal ingredients and prep. Just mix up the dry rub, rub the pork loin and put it on the smoker.
- It’s hands off! Some smoker recipes are labor intensive and you feel like you need to baby sit them, but this one you just put the pork loin on the smoker and let it cook.
- Pork Loin
- Dry Rub
Steps to Prepare Smoked Pork Loin
- Prep Smoker – Preheat the pellet grill to 220 degrees. Fill up that hopper with pellets.
- Prep Pork Loin – Trim excess fat from pork loin. You want the fat cap to be about 1/4”. Then mix up the dry rub. Apply the dry rub and allow it to sit at room temperature for half hour.
- Smoke – Place pork loin on preheated pellet grill fat side up. Insert the temperature probe if you are using a Bluetooth thermometer. Close pellet grill lid and cook at 220 degrees until the internal temp of pork loin is 145 degrees.
- Let Rest – Remove from pellet grill and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing
How long to smoke pork loin?
It will take 2 1/2 to 3 hours to smoke the pork loin. You’ll smoke it until it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
Pork Loin VS. Pork Tenderloin
These two terms are used interchangeably a lot of the time, but they are two very different cuts of meat. This means they can not be substituted in a recipe.
First of all, the come from two different place of a hog. The loin comes from the back of the animal and the tenderloin actually comes from the muscle that runs along the back bone. This cut of meat can be cut into smaller pieces of meat, which are called pork chops.
A pork loin is wider and flatter and can be a boneless or bone-in cute of meat. For this recipe we use a boneless pork loin.
The pork tenderloin is a long, narrow, boneless cut of meat that comes from the muscle that runs along the backbone. If you are looking for a tenderloin recipe are favorites are these grilled recipes including Asian Pork Tenderloin and BBQ Tenderloin.
The tenderloin is small than the pork loin so if you substitute them for each other they cook at different rates.
This recipe makes a lot and that’s why it’s perfect for parties, but it’s great leftover, too. Pair it with a soft bun and some BBQ Sauce and you have lunches for the week. Personally, I like sticking it in a wrap or in a salad.
It will keep in an air safe container in the refrigerator for up to four days. It can be frozen and will keep for up to four months.
If you are looking for an easy way to impress your guests this is the answer! Everyone was raving up how juicy and moist the meat was!
Make it a Meal!
- Pair these with a Smoked Baked Potato for a complete dinner that’s easy!
- Toss together a Grilled Corn Salad that is packed with flavor in ever bite.
- You can never go wrong with a staple like Baked Beans that are made on the grill! You could even throw them on the smoked with these peppers.
Tag me on Instagram when you make this @gimmesomegrilling or #gimmesomegrilling – love to see your delicious eats!!
Shop Our Spices
- Dry Rub for Pork Loin
- 10-11 lb Pork Loin
- Preheat pellet grill to 220 degrees. We used competition blend pellets in the pellet grill.
- Trim excess fat from pork loin if desired. We do this if there is a large fat cap on the top of the pork loin. You'll want to leave part of it on so the pork doesn't dry out.
- Rub the entire pork loin with dry rub. After applying rub let sit at room temperature for half hour.
- Place pork loin on preheated pellet grill with fat side up. If you have a temperature probe insert into thickest part of pork loin. Close pellet grill lid and cook at 220 degrees for 2 1/2 – 3 hours or until the internal temp of pork loin is 145 degrees.
- Remove from pellet grill and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut into slices and serve immediately.