A delicious smoked meatloaf recipe that is full of smoked flavor and cheese! This Traeger Meatloaf is smoked one your pellet grill and is amazing. It’s a fun twist on your traditional meatloaf recipe that will have you always making yours on your electric smoker! Once you try this you’ll never want it any other way. So simple and delicious. It’s a great easy, beginner recipe, but yet so flavorful that even the seasoned pro will love this!
Everyone loved this Mini Smoked Meatloaf Recipe, in fact it was so good everyone was asking for more! So I knew it was time for another delicious recipe. I know you’ll like this smoked meatloaf as much as the mini’s!
It’s easy to make so if you’re new to a smoker, or an old pro, you’re going to love this tender meatloaf that is smoked right on your grill!
What do I need to make Smoked Meatloaf Recipe
- ground beef
- ground pork
- Italian Panko bread crumbs
- seasoned salt
- garlic powder
- yellow onion
- black pepper
- cheddar cheese
Smoked Meatloaf Recipe
When my husband took this Smoked Meatloaf off the smoker I couldn’t wait to dig in.
Seriously, you guys, the aroma of it alone had me drooling.
Then I took a bit of it and I will NEVER be making meatloaf another way.
The flavor from it being smoked on our favorite Traeger took it to a whole new level!
Can meatloaf be made ahead?
- Absolutely! You can make it in the morning and just tuck it into the refrigerator until you’re ready to cook in the afternoon. Can you freeze meatloaf before cooking? You can do that too! Make the meatloaf and freeze it raw. Unthaw when you’re ready to cook the loaf.
Why does my meatloaf fall apart?
- It will fall apart because there isn’t enough binder i.e. bread crumbs or eggs. Either will result in a loaf that falls apart.
How long can you leave meatloaf in the fridge?
- Meatloaf will keep in the refrigerator for four to five days. If you think it will be a while before it’s eaten, just wrap it well and tuck it into the freezer. Well wrapped and sealed, it will last up to three months. When you’re ready for a great meatloaf sandwich, you know what to do!
As we cut into this fabulous Traeger Meatloaf my husband was telling me all about how it had a “smoke ring”.
I was just like whatever that is, I want a piece of deliciousness!
Apparently, it’s good when it has a smoke ring! It’s considered the “hallmark” of great barbecue and is a region of pink colored meat in the outermost 8-10 millimeters of smoked meats. You can see it in the picture below!
How long does it take to Smoke Meatloaf
- It will take 1 1/2 hours to smoke the meat.
How to make Classic Meatloaf on Smoker
- Preheat the smoker to 325 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients, do not over-mix or your meatloaf will become tough. Shape into a loaf.
- Place on smoker and smoke for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove from smoker, slice and enjoy!
We now you have the BEST Meatloaf recipe you will ever make and the key is making it on your pellet grill to get the flavor.
I mean, it has a “smoke ring” obviously it’s a winner!
What to serve with Smoked Meatloaf
- Cheesy Grilled Garlic Bread
- Grilled Corn Salad
- Best Ever Potato Salad
- Smoked Baked Potatoes
- Smoked Strawberry Crisp
Don’t forget, comment below and let me know how much you love this meal! Post a picture on Instagram and be sure to tag me so I can see it too!
I’m loving all of your delicious foodie photos! You can find me at @gimmesomegrilling or just #gimmesomegrilling – if you hashtag me, I’ll get to see it that way too!
This Traeger Meatloaf is smoked on your electric smoker and full of flavor! It's takes your favorite traditional meatloaf recipe with cheese and gives it an amazing flavor!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 8 strips bacon cooked and chopped
- 2 eggs whisked
- 1/2 c. Italian Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 c. milk
- 1 Tbsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 c. yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 c. cheddar cheese shredded
Preheat and prepare electric smoker to 325 degrees F. according to manufacturer's directions.
In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients. Shape into a loaf.
Place on smoker and smoke until the internal temperature is 165 degrees F which should take about 1 1/2 hours.
Remove from smoker, slice and serve immediately.