Dare I say this might be the BEST Meatloaf I have ever had? It has so much smoked flavor bursting from it along with a delicious BBQ sauce and it’s stuffed with cheese! You are going to love this cheesy BBQ Smoked Meatloaf that you can make on your Traeger pellet grill as much as I do.
In fact, you might never make meatloaf any other way again. It’s easy enough for a weeknight dinner but delicious enough to serve it to guests. Make you are pair it with our Smoked Baked Potatoes and Easy Smoked Vegetables for an entire meal on your smoker!
This meatloaf recipe is stuffed with cheese and then topped with a delicious BBQ sauce to finish it off.
There was an amazing smoke ring on this meatloaf and the flavor was AWESOME.
Why You’ll Love This Easy BBQ Meatloaf!
- That smoke ring! You’ll love the elusive smoke ring that this meatloaf gets when you cook on your smoker.
- Not your Grandma’s Meatloaf. Let’s be real, meatloaf has a bad rap. This one is so flavorful you won’t be disappointed!
- Pantry staple ingredients make this so easy to make!
Ingredients for BBQ Smoked Meatloaf
- Ground beef
- Ground pork
- Panko bread crumbs
- Seasoned salt
- Garlic powder
- Yellow onion chopped
- Ground black pepper
- Cheddar cheese
- BBQ Sauce
- brown sugar
How to Make BBQ Smoked Meatloaf
- Preheat the smoker to 325 degrees F
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl, shape into a loaf
- Place on smoker and smoke until the internal temperature is 165 degrees F
- While it’s smoking, mix the ingredients together for the BBQ Sauce
- Remove the meatloaf from the smoker and slather with the BBQ Sauce
Make Ahead Tips
You can make this ahead by prepping the meatloaf up to a day before you smoke it. Simply mix the ingredients together, shape into the meatloaf and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to smoke.
What would Pellets Should I use to Smoke Meatloaf?
Sweet fruit woods like apple or cherry are great wood chips for this recipe, but you could also use a competition blend.
How to Store Leftover Meatloaf
Refrigerator: Place any leftovers you have in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will last 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
Freezer: Place leftover meatloaf in a freezer safe container and store it in the freezer for up to three months. When ready to use thaw it overnight in the refrigerator.
- Meatloaf Sandwiches are certainly my favorite. Some great whole grain bread, mayonnaise and cheese. Yup – that’s leftover heaven right there!
- Add it into Shepherds Pie – just sub out the turkey in this recipe. It’s a perfect use of leftovers.
- Add it into large pasta shells and top with marina sauce and some cheese – repurpose perfection!
This is what really gets my taste buds rolling, I love planning menus! Since this is a great family meal, we’ll keep it easy and casual. Dinner rolls are a MUST, then some smoked vegetables and maybe finish with a Smoked Crumb Apple Pie.
Shop Our Spices
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 8 strips bacon cooked and chopped
- 2 eggs whisked
- ½ cup Italian Panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup yellow onion chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 ½ Tablespoons honey
- 1 ½ Tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat and prepare electric smoker to 325 degrees Fahrenheit according to manufacturer's directions.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients. Shape into a loaf.
- Place on smoker and smoke until the internal temperature is 165 degrees F which should take about 1 ½ hours.
- Meanwhile mix together all the ingredients for the BBQ Sauce.
- With a half hour left of cooking time brush meatloaf with BBQ sauce and cook the remaining ½ hour.
- Remove from smoker, brush with the BBQ Sauce, slice and serve immediately.