Soft, pillowy dinner rolls made on your electric smoker! These are the perfect side for your holiday meal all made on your Traeger! Bake these pull apart rolls on your wood fired grill and then drizzle them with butter. They will be the first thing gone!
No room in the oven to cook the dinner rolls? Don’t panic! Break out your Traeger, electric smoker or wood-fired grill and bake this soft pillowy dinner rolls. They go great paired with Easy Smoked Pork Butt, Mini Smoked Meatloaf and BBQ Dry Rub Smoked Whole Chicken!
At our house when someone says pass the rolls, you better be ready to duck, because literally… they are passed! Dinner time is never too serious. It’s full of love and laughter and it’s times like that when we’re being silly that we get “the look” from Mom. But secretly I know she loves it!
Having the family around the dinner table is what life is all about!!
In fact when we made these dinner rolls we were prepping an early Thanksgiving meal because that’s how it works around here and we invited our parents to join in on the festivities. Funny thing, the next week we did it again to test more menu items for your Thanksgiving and invited more family!
They never seem to complain about us testing new recipes!
Dinner Roll Recipe
These dinner rolls are so amazingly easy because they start with frozen dinner rolls. I am not above that you guys!
It makes it so much easy and they turned out delicious.
If you want, grab your favorite homemade dinner roll recipe and make that, but I’m all about being practical sometimes (or most times) and taking the easy route.
In fact, our parents were asking for this recipe. I may have ducked my head and said errrr they are frozen dinner rolls, but they didn’t care!
Grocery list for Dinner Roll Recipe
- Frozen dinner rolls
- Garlic salt
- Parsley for garnish (optional)
How long does it take to thaw frozen dinner rolls?
- Follow the directions on the product you purchase, but a good rule of thumb is it will take about 12 hours if they are in the refrigerator. Prepare your pan as per instructions below and just tuck it into the refrigerator.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. This will keep the dough from sticking to the saran wrap.
- Remove the pan filled with dough from the refrigerator and it will take 2-4 hours on the counter to rise.
- The dough is ready to bake when it’s doubled in size.
How do you make soft dinner rolls?
- Butter cast iron skillet
- Place frozen dinner rolls in the pan. Let rise according to package directions.
- Preheat the smoker to 300 degrees.
- Place dinner rolls in the smoker, close lid. Smoke for about 45 minutes – 1 hour or until golden brown, remove.
- Mix the butter & garlic together, brush the rolls. Sprinkle with fresh parsley.
This is the perfect recipe when there’s no room in the oven (holidays are right around the corner!) or it’s too hot and you don’t want to turn on the oven and heat up your house!
Snap a photo and be sure to share with me on Instagram by tagging me @gimmesomegrilling or #gimmesomegrilling – I can’t wait to see how these turned out for you, I know you’ll love these rolls!
Soft, pillowy dinner rolls made on your electric smoker! These are the perfect side dish recipe for your holiday meal all made on your Traeger! Bake these pull apart rolls on your wood fired grill and then drizzle them with butter. They will be the first thing gone!
- 16 dinner rolls frozen
- 4 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- fresh parsley for garnish optional
Spray non-stick spray on cast iron skillet or brush with butter. Place frozen dinner rolls in pan evenly. Let rise according to package directions.
When ready to cook, set the electric smoker to a temp of 300 degrees. Let preheat 10-15 minutes.
Place dinner rolls on electric smoker, close lid. Smoke for about 45 minutes - 1 hour or until golden brown.
Remove from electric smoker. Combine butter and garlic salt in small bowl. Brush with the tops of dinner rolls with butter mixture. Top with fresh parsley if desired.