Quick and easy side dish recipe using your electric pellet grill. This Traeger Smoked Stuffing is perfect for your holiday dinners! It goes great with turkey, prime rib, roasted chicken or about any main dish you can make! An easy Traeger Recipe with so much flavor from using your smoker that you’ll never make dressing another way!
Oh my goodness, Christmas is next week, can you believe it? Have you made your list and checked it twice? I know we have! Gifts for Mom, Dad, the kids you name it! The only thing I have left now is to plan the menu!
With all of my Traeger Recipes, the sky is the limit! It’s not that there’s no room in the oven, it’s that everything tastes really good on the Traeger like Smoked Turkey or Smoked Spiral Ham – so why not an easy stuffing recipe? The smoker adds so much flavor!
Have you decided on your menu yet?
It’s way less stress-full if everyone pitches in and helps and I’m happy to return the favor when they host. I’d rather prepare a few dishes each time than the entire meal at once, but that’s just me!
I love this recipe because it’s simple and delicious – it’s a recipe everyone enjoys! Because it’s cooked in a big cast iron skillet the stuffing recipe cooks evenly and you even end up with a little bit extra crust (my favorite part) because the smoker distributes the heat so evenly!
My mouth is watering just thinking about making this again!
Actually, my husband made this. I should give credit where credit is due.
I’m all about him making recipes for this blog since I’ve got the other one to keep under control too!
Grocery list for Stuffing Recipe
- chicken broth
- 2 packages stuffing mix
What temperature do you cook stuffing recipe at?
Set the temperature in your smoker to 250 degrees. This only takes 35-45 minutes to smoke, so once you have removed the turkey, tuck this right on the grill to cook. By the time the turkey, smoked prime rib, ham or Brazillian Smoked Tri Tip has rested, the stuffing recipe will be done!
Easy Stuffing Recipe
I cheated and started with a boxed mix of stuffing and dressed it up a little.
I’m all about taking a few short cuts every once in a while if they work!
Remember I said this was an EASY stuffing recipe!
Steps to make Traeger Recipe for Smoked Stuffing
- Melt butter In a cast iron skillet, over medium-high heat.
- Add celery and onion and cook until tender. Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer.
- Remove from heat and stir in broth and stuffing mix. Mix until combined.
- Place on smoke at 250 degrees F. Smoke for 35-45 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve.
More great holiday recipes to enjoy!
A few more of my favorite Traeger side dishes are:
- Bacon Wrapped Grilled Brussels Sprouts
- Grilled Green Beans in Foil Packet
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
Tell me about your holiday plans below! Are you traveling? Will you be cooking? What’s on your menu? I’d love to hear, please comment below!
For you and yours, I wish you the very BEST of holiday seasons!! Thank you for your support of the blog and I really appreciate hearing your comments!
Smoked Stuffing Recipe
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 c. celery chopped
- 1/2 c. onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 c. reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 packages stuffing mix 6 oz each
- In a large cast iron skillet, melt butter over medium high heat on stove top or pellet grill. Add celery and onion and cook until tender. Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer.
- Remove from heat, stir in broth and stuffing mix. Mix until combined. Place on smoke that has been prepared to manufacturer's instructions to temperature of 250 degrees F. Smoke for 35-45 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and serve.