Smoked Green Bean Casserole
Make this traditional holiday side dish on your smoker this year! Smoked Green Bean Casserole is all the flavor of your favorite holiday recipe with a delicious hint of smoke flavor to it.
It’s so easy to make and ready in under a hour. You only need six ingredients! It’s an old-fashioned green bean casserole upgraded with a lightly smoky flavor and it will be the hit of the holiday. It’s one our favorite side dishes and soon it will be yours, too!
Why We Love Green Bean Casserole on the Smoker!
We use our smoker year round and we LOVE to use it to make delicious holiday meals. From smoked turkey to smoked ham and lots of favorite sides, adding a little delicious smoke flavor elevates so many holiday dishes.
Smoked green bean casserole is our newest favorite and you can bet it’ll be on our holiday table this year.
- It has all the flavors in a traditional green bean casserole but with a deliciously smoky flavor!
- It’s also so easy to make with just six ingredients and 10 minute prep time. It’s ready to go in the smoker in no time. Using your smoker also frees up oven space, so it’s a win-win!
I can’t wait for you to try this easy smoker side dish – it might be your new favorite holiday tradition.
Ingredients for Smoked Green Bean Casserole Recipe
- Canned cut green beans – To keep this recipe simple, canned green beans work great. I don’t recommend making this recipe with fresh green beans.
- Cream of mushroom soup – This adds flavor and also creates the creamy sauce that makes this casserole so good.
- Worcestershire sauce – A little bit goes a long way to add a nice savory flavor.
- Sea salt and Freshly ground black pepper
- Canned French fried onions – These are a green bean casserole must! They add that nice crunchy topping that everyone loves.
What wood pellets work best?
Apple wood pellets work great for this smoker recipe. You can also try hickory or pecan.
What temperature should you smoke Green Bean Casserole at?
For green bean casserole, I let to set the smoker to 225°F. Let it heat up while you prepare the casserole so it’s ready to go.
How to Make Smoked Green Bean Casserole
Mix the soup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Fold in the green beans.
Transfer the mixture to a 8×8″ aluminum pan or a cast iron skillet.
Smoke the casserole for 30 minutes and then sprinkle the French onions over the top. Smoke it for 15 minutes longer or until it’s heated through.
Make It Ahead!
There are always so many things to get ready for a holiday meal, so I always appreciate when I can prep things ahead. Great news! You can do that with this recipe.
You can assemble the casserole the night before (don’t add the onions on top), cover it, and keep it in the refrigerator.
When you’re ready to smoke it, let it sit out at room temperature while the smoker heats. Next, cook it following the instructions in the recipe card.
How to Store Leftover Green Bean Casserole
Green bean casserole is best served as soon as it’s made, but if you have leftovers they will keep for two to three days. Keep them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The French onion topping won’t be as crunchy, but the casserole will still taste great.
I hope you add a little smoke to your holiday meal this year! This smoked green bean casserole is a great one to try because it’s so easy. It also tastes amazing – everyone will want a second helping. Enjoy!
More Holiday Recipes!
- Try our Smoked Stuffing and it will be a hit! It’s so easy and the flavor is amazing.
- Smoked Cheesy Potato Casserole pairs great with a holiday turkey or ham. Everyone will love it!
- If you want to wow your family this year, you have to try our Smoked Prime Rib. It’s easier than you think!
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @gimmesomegrilling or #gimmesomegrilling so I can see your grilling masterpieces!
Smoked Green Bean Casserole
- 3 cans cut green beans 14.5 oz each, drained
- 10.5 ounces cream of mushroom soup 10.5 oz cab
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 2.8 ounces french fried onions 1 can
- Set your smoker to 225°F using your choice of wood pellets according to manufacturer's directions.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cream of mushroom soup, Worcestershire sauce, sea salt and pepper. Fold in the drained green beans.
- Transfer to a cast iron skillet or 8×8 aluminum pan. Set on the smoker and cook for 30 minutes.
- Cover the top of the green bean casserole with crispy fried onions and smoke for another 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove casserole from the smoker and serve immediately.
- Apple wood pellets work great for this smoker recipe. You can also try hickory or pecan.
- You can assemble the casserole the night before (don’t add the onions on top), cover it, and keep it in the refrigerator. When you’re ready to smoke it, let it sit out at room temperature while the smoker heats. Next, cook it following the instructions in the recipe card.
- Green bean casserole is best served as soon as it’s made, but if you have leftovers they will keep for two to three days. Keep them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The French onion topping won’t be as crunchy, but the casserole will still taste great.
Leave a Comment