Smoked Salmon is the perfect dinner on your Traeger Smoker! This Traeger Smoked Salmon recipe is full of flavor and absolutely amazing. I’ll teach you exactly how to smoke the perfect salmon on an electric smoker in easy to follow step-by-step instructions. This salmon recipe starts with an easy brine and ends in the BEST salmon ever!
The BEST Smoked Salmon!
There’s nothing quite like smoked salmon during the summer months. But honestly, this recipe makes it so simple that you can enjoy that taste and flavor all year long!
If you’re looking for the perfect meal to relax after a long day at work, you’ll love the taste and flavor that this smoked salmon dish offers.
Simple cooking techniques paired up with simple cooking methods create a truly unforgettable and delicious meal.
Smoked Salmon Ingredients
This is a quick overview of the ingredients and the directions. For the full recipe continue scrolling to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
For the dry brine:
- Brown sugar
- Kosher Salt
For the seasoning:
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Kosher salt
- Dried parsley
How to Smoke Salmon
Mix all bring ingredients together.
Lay salmon on paper towel and pat dry.
In a pan with sides sprinkle half of the dry brine on the bottom. Place salmon on top of dry brine and cover with the rest of the dry brine. Place in the fridge overnight.
In the morning take the salmon out of the brine and rinse in cold water. Pat dry with a paper towel and place back on a clean baking sheet. Place in the fridge and let sit for 2-3 hours or until dry and sticky to the touch. This develops the pellicle seal and creates a sticky surface for the smoke to adhere too.
Next, mix together the seasonings and rub on the salmon.
Preheat smoker to 180 degrees and place salmon on smoker grates. You’re going to want to smoke until internal temp reaches 135 -140 degrees F.
Let cool for an hour, then place in the fridge.
Smoked Salmon FAQs!
Here are some answers to the common questions that people have about salmon! If you have a question that isn’t listed comment below and we will do our best to get your questions answered!
Is smoked Salmon healthy?
Why do I need to brine my smoked salmon?
What is pellicle?
What temperature should I smoke salmon too?
Is Smoked Salmon cooked?
What to do with leftover smoked salmon
How long does smoked salmon last?
Once smoked, it should last for up to 10 days as long as you keep in stored properly in your refrigerator.
Pair your Smoked Salmon with these Smoked Side Dishes!
- Smoked Cheesy Potato Casserole
- Smoked Deviled Eggs
- Smoked Baked Potatoes
- Easy Smoked Vegetables
- Smoked Mashed Potatoes
Leftover Smoked Salmon recipes!
- Smoked Salmon Pasta
- Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon
- Smoked Salmon Chowder
- Lemon Pepper Smoked Salmon
- Smoked Pepper Dip
I know you’ll love this smoked salmon recipe! Be sure and leave me a five star rating below and when you make this please take a moment and tag me on Instagram @gimmesomegrilling or #gimmesomegrilling – I look forward to seeing all of your grilled goodness!
Smoked Salmon Recipe
- 4 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. kosher salt
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tsp onion powder
- 3 tsp kosher salt
- 3 tsp dried parsley
- 5 lb salmon cut into five sections
- In a bowl mix together the dry brine ingredients.
- Take salmon out of package and pat dry with paper towel.
- In a pan with sides sprinkle half of dry brine on the bottom. Place salmon on top of dry brine and cover with the rest of the dry brine. Place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning take the salmon out of the brine and rinse in cold water. Pat dry with paper towel and place back on a clean baking sheet. Place in the fridge and let sit for 2-3 hours or until dry and sticky to the touch. This develops the pellicle seal and creates a sticky surface for the smoke to adhere too.
- In a small bowl mix together seasoning. Rub salmon with seasonings.
- Preheat smoker to 180 degree F according to manufacturer's directions. Place salmon on smoker grates and smoke until internal temperature reaches 135-140 degrees F. This should take about 2 hours depending on how big your salmon pieces are.
- Cool on a rack for an hour and then refrigerate or enjoy.
- To store wrap tightly in plastic wrap and place in the fridge. It will keep up to 10 days.