If you want the best bacon ever make it on your Smoker! These easy Smoked Bacon slices are bursting with your favorite smokey flavor from using your pellet grill. It’s a quick, easy way to make bacon that doesn’t make a mess. Use a thick cut of bacon for the best result. Make this for breakfast or make it to top your favorite Smoked Burgers!
You might not find an easier way to cook bacon, ever! It’s so simple to let your electric smoker do all the work with this easy Smoked Bacon. You’ll love the ease and smokey taste! I mean, did I mention it’s done in 30 minutes? Any smoker recipe this quick is a winner!
Leave your oven off and instead opt for that smokey taste and flavor from your smoker. You’re going to love just how delicious it is! We love pairing it with Campfire Cinnamon Rolls, Blueberry French Toast or Apple Monkey Bread! It’s also great when making a BLT Sandwich!
Why this recipe works:
- One ingredients! Thick cut bacon slices is all you need!
- Ready in about 30 minutes.
- Crispy, smokey bacon that’s cooked to perfection.
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, I think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this delicious recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
Yes, this is literally all you need for this recipe! One simple ingredient! (Just make certain that you choose thick cut bacon for this recipe!)
Steps to Prepare
- Preheat Smoker – Start by preheating your smoker to 300 degrees. Spray with a non-stick spray so that the bacon doesn’t stick once applied.
- Smoked Bacon – Place the bacon directly on the grate and cook for 30 minutes. Make certain that you keep on eye on it near the end as you don’t want to miss the mark and overcook it! Crispy bacon is good but burnt bacon is not.
You will want to watch this bacon closely because the cook time is going to vary greatly depending on how thick your bacon slices are.
Tips and Tricks!
Here are some interesting and helpful facts about this recipe! If you have additional questions please comment below and we will do our best to answer them!
How long does it take to cook bacon on a smoker?
While the heat can vary, it takes about 30 minutes. You’ll still want to keep a close eye on it though as the temperature can get hotter as the smoker continues to warm up. It’s especially important at the end of the smoking to watch it closely so you can pull it off when it’s cooked to your preference. Everyone likes their bacon a little bit different! I’m a nice and crispy kind of girl.
The cook time is going to vary on how thick your bacon slices are cut too. We like a nice thick cut of bacon because it holds up better on the smoker grates and cooks evenly.
Remember as your bacon cool it will firm up a bit so pull it off right before you think it’s done.
What temperature do you cook bacon on a pellet grill?
You’re going to want to cook your Traeger bacon at 300 degrees on the smoker. This will ensure that it’s crispy and smoked to perfection every single time.
What kind of bacon is best to smoke on an electric smoker?
Using thick cut bacon is best so it doesn’t cook too quickly. Also, the thickness of the bacon really does a great job of holding onto that smokey taste and flavor.
What pellets should I use?
We would recommend a hickory or apple pellets to give your bacon a wonderful flavor, but really you can choose a wrong one!
Recipes to use Smoked Bacon in!
More Breakfast Recipes off your smoker!
If you love this Smoked Bacon as much as we do, please comment with a five-star rating! When you’re making a yummy recipe, be sure to tag me at @gimmesomegrilling or #gimmesomegrilling, enjoy!
Shop Our Spices
- 1 lb sliced bacon thick cut
- Preheat your electric smoker to 300 degrees F according to your manufacturer's directions. Spray non stick spray on the grates.
- Place bacon directly on the grates. Let cook on pellet grill for 30 minutes or until bacon is done to your preference.
- Please watch bacon carefully towards the end of the cooking time as it goes from done to overdone quickly. Remember as the bacon cools (for about 1-2 minutes) it will firm up so don't over cook it!
- Remove from smoker and place on a plate lined with paper towels to drain off grease. Serve immediately.