Smoked Breakfast Fatty
Everyone will be requesting this Smoked Breakfast Fatty every time you host brunch! This easy Breakfast Fatty is stuffed with hash browns, cheese and eggs then rolled up in breakfast sausage and wrapped in a bacon weave. Season it with our mouthwatering Sweet & Smoky Rub and smoke it on your pellet grill.
It’s the best breakfast recipe on your Traeger that no one will forget. I mean, it wraps all your favorite breakfast foods into one dish!
Smoked breakfast fatty is a lesser known breakfast item, but I’m not sure why! It’s loaded with smoked breakfast sausage, cheese, eggs, ham, and hashbrowns. It doesn’t get much better than that.
This recipe is absolutely delicious and really easy to complete. I love to serve this mouthwatering dish at brunch. It’s really easy to make a few breakfast fatties at a time so that I can serve a large party. And I can make each breakfast fatty with slightly different fillings to accommodate some of my picky eaters! This smoked breakfast is a delicious way to start the day.
Why You’ll Love this Smoked Breakfast Fatty
- This breakfast fatty with smoked breakfast sausage only takes 15 minutes to prep! And the total time from preparation to when it’s finished cooking is an hour and ten minutes. Pretty quick for a smoked breakfast!
- It is a protein packed breakfast. It’s great for brunch parties or a special breakfast during the week.
- You can easily adapt this smoked fatty recipe to fit your needs and make it exactly to your preferences.
Ingredients for this Smoked Fatty Recipe
- Bacon strips – I recommend using thick cut slices of bacon so that they hold together when you weave them.
- Ground breakfast sausage – You can use regular ground breakfast sausage, or get the sausage that has a little kick to it!
- Scrambled eggs – Use this recipe to make the best scrambled eggs and then use them in this recipe.
- Diced ham – You can purchase pre-diced ham, or dice it yourself. This smoked fatty recipe would be extra good if you dice up some leftover smoked spiral ham.
- Hash brown patties – Look in the freezer section at your local grocery store for hash brown patties.
- Shredded cheddar cheese – Shred your own cheddar cheese for the best meltability and flavor.
- Sweet and smoky rub – Our spice rub is perfect to use on this breakfast fatty. You can make with this recipe or purchase a bottle to have on hand here!
How to make a Smoked Breakfast Fatty
Preheat the smoker to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
On a piece of plastic wrap, weave the slices of bacon through each other then top with a layer of the breakfast sausage.
Place the hash brown patties in the very center of the sausage, and then spoon scrambled eggs on top of them.
Generously sprinkle cheese and diced ham on top of the layer of scrambled eggs.
Beginning at one end of the plastic wrap, start slowly rolling up your breakfast fatty. Once completely rolled, remove the plastic wrap and secure the ends of the bacon with toothpicks.
Season the outside of this breakfast fatty with sweet and smoky rub. Then, place it in the preheated smoker.
Smoke anywhere from 45-55 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Remove it from the smoker and allow to rest for 4-5 minutes before slicing into it.
How to Serve a Breakfast Fatty
Serve while hot! Pair this delicious smoked fatty recipe with cinnamon monkey bread or cinnamon rolls. And don’t forget the fresh hot coffee or the mimosas!
Store leftover breakfast fatty in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. You can reheat the breakfast fatty in the microwave or oven. Cut a slice to heat up in the microwave, or place the rest of the fatty in the oven at 350 until warmed through.
Can I use different fillings inside of my breakfast fatty?
Sure! If you can’t find hash brown patties, you can use tater tots. You can also add any type of cheese you’d like, veggies, or any other filling that sounds tasty to you. If you like spicy food, add some hot peppers like jalapeños to your breakfast fatty.
How do I make a bacon weave?
Lay down about six piece of bacon, all facing vertically, and pull back every other piece of bacon halfway. Lay one slice of bacon horizontally across the vertical pieces bacon that are laid flat, and then pull the other slices over. Take the opposite vertical slices and pull them back halfway. Lay another strip of bacon across horizontally, and pull the slices of bacon over again. Continue this process until you make a complete weave.
Pro Tips for the Best Smoked Fatty Recipe
- Don’t overcook your fatty! Be sure to check it right at 45 minutes and get a good read on the internal temperature. If it’s done, pull it out and let it sit for a few minutes before you cut into.
- Use thick-cut applewood smoked bacon for an extra tasty smoky flavor.
- If you have trouble spreading your breakfast sausage across the bacon weave, use a rolling pin to easily roll it out.
This smoked breakfast fatty never fails to impress! Try it out the next time it’s your turn to host brunch.
More Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love
- This Sausage Breakfast Casserole is another crazy easy and protein-packed breakfast dish.
- I’m convinced that Grilled Bacon is one of the best ways to prepare bacon. Try it out!
- Grilled Blueberry French Toast is absolutely amazing and one of our favorite grilled breakfast items.
- Apple Monkey Bread is warm, gooey, and the ultimate comfort food.
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @gimmesomegrilling or #gimmesomegrilling so I can see your grilling masterpieces!
Smoked Breakfast Fatty
- 1 pound bacon strips
- 1 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 4 large eggs scrambled
- 4 ounces diced ham
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Sweet & Smoky Rub
- 2 hash brown patties thawed
- Preheat the smoker to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make a bacon weave on a piece of plastic wrap. Top with pork sausage and spread out into an even layer.
- Put hash brown patties in the center of sausage on the bacon weave.
- Spoon prepared scrambled eggs into the center of the hash brown patties. Sprinkle ham and cheese on top of the scrambled eggs.
- Gently lift up one end of the plastic wrap and begin rolling your fatty. Once the roll is completed, remove the plastic wrap and secure the ends of the bacon together with toothpicks.
- Season liberally with Sweet and Smoky Rub. (This can be purchased online or you can make it from scratch using this recipe).
- Place prepared Breakfast Fatty on the preheated smoker. Close the lid and smoke from 45-55 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove from the smoker and allow to rest for 4-5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Leave a Comment