Delicious bite-size pieces of steak marinated in a Teriyaki marinade then smoked on your Traeger pellet grill! These Teriyaki Smoked Steak Bites are tender and delicious. Plus, they are easy enough for a beginner smoker but pack enough flavor for an experienced smoker. This is the perfect appetizer to make on your smoker when you are entertaining!
See that little bites of deliciousness? Salty and sweet these bite-sized morsels of sirloin steak are a real crowd pleaser!
We made these for a weekend get-together the other day and I couldn’t tell you what a hit they were. What I loved most about this teriyaki steak is how easy it is to make (beginners start here!!) And tender, juicy and so flavorful even you seasoned pro’s will be serving these up over the weekend at your next party!
These bites are a meat lovers dream, I’m telling you!
- sirloin steak
- teriyaki sauce
- light brown sugar
- garlic powder
- garlic salt
- soy sauce
- apple cider vinegar
How to make Teriyaki Steak Bites
- Mix together all ingredients for the marinade.
- Trim steak and cut into 2” pieces.
- Place in a ziplock bag and pour marinade over the steak. Squeeze as much air out as possible and tightly seal bag.
- Refrigerator for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Prepare smoked to 225 degrees according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Place the steak bites directly on the smoker grates or on a rack. Discard remaining marinade.
- Smoke for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until the internal temp is 135 – 140 degrees F.
I was a little hesitant when Jason pulled these off the smoke and then I put into a piece of steak and it was like an explosion in my mouth.
Then I started snitching more out of the pan until he stopped me to let me know that pretty soon I wasn’t going to be able to photograph them because they’d be all gone!
What is the best steak to use?
For this recipe, I recommend using a good top sirloin. Because they are slowly smoked they are tender and juicy. Other cuts you could use:
- New York Strip
The key to this is the marinating of the steak before you smoke the steak bites. It gives it an amazing flavor that you won’t be able to stopping grabbing bites to sample!
These Steak Bites are great for a little appetizer before your party that people can snack on while everyone arrives.
Trust me, they won’t last long that’s for sure!
The outside has a delicious seasoning on it from the marinade, plus it’s a got a nice crisp coating on it from being smoked and the inside is still juicy and delicious.
Looking for more steak recipes?
- Honey Bourbon Steak
- Chile Lime Steak Tacos
- Marinated Grilled Vegetable and Steak Kabobs
- Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich on the Smoker
More of my favorites appetizers – perfect party food!
What’s your favorite party bites? Everyone loves steak so this is a great choice if you’re having a cookout! Add it to the top of your list!
Tag me on Instagram when you make this @gimmesomegrilling or #gimmesomegrilling – love to see your delicious eats!!
Teriyaki Steak Bites
- 2 lb top sirloin steak
- 1/4 c. teriyaki sauce
- 1 Tbsp light brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- In a small mixing bowl mix together all ingredients for marinade.
- Trim steak and cut into 2'' pieces. Place in ziploc bag and pour marinade of the top of steak. Squeeze as much air out as possible and shut bag. Place in refrigerator for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready to smoke the steak bites prepare smoked to 225 degrees according to manufacturer's directions.
- Place directly on the smoker grates or on a rack. Discard remaining marinade. Smoke for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until the internal temp is 135 - 140 degrees F. Remove from smoker and serve immediately.
- New York Strip