Honey Bourbon Steak that is juicy and delicious. This easy grilled steak recipe is bursting with flavor from a delicious Honey Bourbon Steak Marinade. This marinade is the key to infusing this tender steak with tons of flavor. It literally melts in your mouth!
A classic steakhouse meal at home, you bet!! If you’re firing up your grill in the wintertime, this is an easy meal you’re really going to love!
I have a few steak recipes on the blog like this AMAZING Smoked Prime Rib, an easy recipe for Marinated Grilled Vegetable and Steak Kabobs and everyone’s favorite Chili Lime Steak Tacos! Now it’s time for a classic grilled steak recipe!
Have you ever had a Honey Bourbon Steak? The flavor is amazing – a little sweet, salty and flavor all rolled into one! This steak is slowly infused with flavor and then a quick grill to sear in that flavor! It’s easy and delicious!
Bourbon Steak Recipe
It’s actually been very warm in Minnesota this year so we’ve been firing up the grill all winter so far.
I just know that it’s going to change and I won’t want to venture outside to throw a steak on the grill, but that’s what husband’s are for, right?
They can brave the elements for a juicy Bourbon Steak!
What’s in a Bourbon Steak Marinade?
This marinade is a little sweet from the honey and brown sugar. The soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce is salty and the bourbon infuses the steak with tons of flavor!
What is the best steak for grilling?
Because you marinade this steak you can use a less expensive cut. Big flavor without the big price – who doesn’t love that?!!!
Grocery list for Bourbon Steak Recipe
- dark brown sugar
- soy sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- red pepper flakes
- sirloin steak
Bourbon Steak Marinade
I love marinading steak because it really takes a grilled steak to a whole new level.
Totally worth the extra ten minutes in prep time that it takes you!
How do you make Bourbon Steak?
- Combine everything except the steak in a resealable plastic food storage bag. Mix to combine.
- Place steaks in bag, removing as much air as possible and seal.
- Marinade in the refrigerator for 2-8 hours. Flip the bag every few hours if possible.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove steak from marinade and blot off the excess moisture with paper towel.
- Grill for 4-5 minutes on side one. Turn steaks over and continue to grill 3-5 minutes for medium-rare or to desired doneness.
- Remove from grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes so that juices are redistributed throughout the meat.
- To ensure the meat is tender, thinly slice against the grain. Serve and enjoy!
More great recipes with made with bourbon!
Here are some great recipes to serve with this steak!
Please comment with a five-star rating if you love enchiladas! If you’re over on Instagram tag me at @gimmesomegrilling or #gimmesomegrilling. I can’t wait to see your delicious grilled steak!
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THIS HONEY BOURBON STEAK RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time a post a new video!
Don’t forget, comment below and let me know how much you love this meal! Post a picture on Instagram and be sure to tag me so I can see it too! I’m loving all of your delicious foodie pics! You can find me at @gimmesomegrilling or just #gimmesomegrilling -if you hashtag me, I’ll get to see it that way too!
Honey Bourbon Steak
- 1/3 c. honey
- 1/4 c. dark brown sugar packed
- 1/3 c. bourbon
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 lb sirloin steak
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a resealable plastic food storage bag. Place steaks in bag, remove as much air as possible ad seal it. Flip steak over a few times to coat with marinade.
- Place bag in refrigerator for at least two hours and up to eight hours, flip the bag every few hours if possible.
- Heat grill to medium high heat. Remove steak from marinade and blog off the excess moisture with paper towel.
- Place steak on hot grill. Cook for 4-5 minutes on first side Turn steaks over and continue to grill 3-5 minutes for medium rare (internal temperature 135 degrees F), 5 to 7 minutes for medium (140 degrees F) or 8-10 minutes for medium-well (150 degrees F).
- Transfer steak to cutting board and allow to rest for 5 minutes so that juices are redistributed throughout the meat.
- Thinly slice, going against the grain at about a 35-45 degree angle.