Grilled Caesar Salad
This Grilled Caesar Salad is the perfect side salad made on the grill! It has delicious grilled Romaine lettuce that’s seasoned with salt and pepper then topped with Caesar Salad Dressing and Parmesan crisps.
If you’ve never grilled romaine before, you are going to love this recipe! It takes a boring Caesar salad to a whole new level and pairs great with steak, pork, and chicken. It’s so easy and yet it’s so fancy! No one will know it took you minutes to prepare!
Why this Grilled Caesar Salad Works!
- Quick and easy side dish! It only requires a few ingredients. Grab a bottle Caesar dressing and make it even easier.
- Grill it alongside your main dish to make an entire meal on your grill.
- It’s unique! The perfect recipe to serve at a backyard BBQ to wow guests or your family.
Is grilled lettuce a thing?
I know you are wondering about this, right? I have to admit I was skeptical, too, until I tried it. The first time I had a grilled romaine Caesar salad was at a restaurant and my mind was blown. I couldn’t wait to try it at home.
Grilling lettuce is easy and delicious! It has a charred, smoky flavor with a lightly crispy texture around the edges – grilling really elevates it.
You only grill it long enough to char it on the outside so you end up with lettuce that is still cool and crisp but with some warm smoky lettuce that had contact with the grill grates. It’s amazing!
If someone would have told me to try this I would have expected that the lettuce would be wilted, but it’s not – Surprise! Surprise! Oh, and my kiddos love it, too. I never thought they would, but that was a nice surprise, too!
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce – this will make four salads.
- Olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Caesar dressing – choose your favorite refrigerated dressing brand.
- Parmesan crisps – or you can use croutons or shredded Parmesan cheese.
How to Grill Caesar Salad
- Prep – First, preheat your grill to medium-high. Cut your heads of romaine lettuce in half the long way. Drizzle oil over the top of the romaine lettuce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill – Place on grill and cook 1-2 minutes per side or until just slightly charred with grill marks. Flip over and grill and additional 1-2 minutes on that side.
- Serve – Place romaine lettuce on plates, drizzle with Caesar salad dressing and top with Parmesan crisps and enjoy!
What goes with Caesar salad?
This salad recipe pairs with lots of main dishes like New York Strip Roast, Chicken Caprese, and Pork Chops!
Or, serve it alongside your favorite pasta dishes like spaghetti and meatballs or lasagna. It’s also great paired with a bowl of tomato soup and sliced baguette on the side! You can also make it an entree and add grilled chicken to your salad.
Here are a few more main dishes that you will love with this salad:
If you’re looking for something to new that is easy to make on the grill so you don’t heat up your kitchen, this grilled Caesar salad is one to try! It’s such a great twist on a Caesar salad – not sure I’ll go back to the original anytime soon!
More Easy Grill Recipes
- Greek Burgers are loaded with flavor and topped with tzatziki sauce! They taste like a gyro but in burger form.
- Vegetable and Steak Kabobs are super simple with lots of fresh flavors. They’re great any time of year!
- Skip the oven and make Garlic Bread on the grill instead!
- Southwest Salmon Caesar Salad is a twist on the classic that you can make on the grill, too.
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @gimmesomegrilling or #gimmesomegrilling so I can see your grilling masterpieces!
Grilled Caesar Salad
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Tbsp caesar salad dressing
- 1/4 c. Parmesan crisps
- Peheat your grill to medium high heat.
- Slice heads of romain lettuce in half lengthwise. Lay on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place romaine on grill cut side down. Grill for 2-3 minutes or until charred. Flip and grill an additionl 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from grill and drizzle dressing on top and top with Parmesan crisps.
Leave a Comment