Chicken Caprese – Healthy Dinner!
This chicken recipe not only tastes amazing, but it’s healthy as well! You can absolutely create a delicious dish that doesn’t take much effort and have it taste as though it took hours to make.
As you can see from the images below, there are very few steps to this simple chicken dish. Trust me on this one…you’re going to want to give this delicious chicken dish a try!
What do I need to make Chicken Caprese?
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, I think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this delicious this easy recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Dried oregano
- Dried basil
- Fresh mozzarella cheese
- Balsamic glaze
- Fresh basil
How do I make Chicken Caprese?
Step by Step Pictures are above!
- Season Chicken – Brush olive over chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper. In a small bowl mix the garlic powder, dried oregano and dried basil. Sprinkle on chicken.
- Grill – Place chicken on outdoor grill or grill pan over the stove top. Cook 3-5 minutes per side or until internal temperature of chicken is 165 degrees F. Cook time will vary depending on the thickness of your chicken breast.
- Top – Top with a slice of fresh mozzarella cheese and cook for one more minute. Remove chicken from grill and place chicken on serving dish. Top each breast with a slice of tomato, basil and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Chicken Caprese Tips!
Pound out your chicken breasts to an even thickness to ensure even cooking. This will help to cook them evenly and a thinner side won’t be dry and overcooked or the thicker side won’t be cooked through.
Make certain to slice the cheese and the tomatoes thick so that the flavors stay strong with the taste of the chicken!
Using fresh mozzarella is the key to really bringing out that caprese taste and flavor.
How do I make a Balsamic reduction?
To make a balsamic reduction, simmer 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar over medium heat until it has reduced by 1/2.
What should I serve with Chicken Caprese?
More easy Grilled Chicken Dinner recipes!
- Bruschetta Chicken – Seasoned and grilled chicken topped with homemade bruschetta and balsamic glaze!
- Grilled Pineapple Chicken – Marinated, grilled chicken breasts topped with grilled pineapple slices.
- Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Burger – Delicious Grilled Chicken Breast that is marinated in a Teriyaki marinade then topped with grilled pineapple, red onion, cheese and a toasted bun.
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THIS CHICKEN CAPRESE RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time I post a new video!
Tag me on Instagram when you make this @gimmesomegrilling or #gimmesomegrilling – love to see your delicious eats!!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- 4 thick slices of ripe tomato
- 4 ounce fresh mozzarella cheese sliced into 4 slices
- ¼ c. balsamic glaze or balsamic reduction
- ¼ c. thinly sliced basil
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium high heat.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix together garlic powder, dried oregano and dried basil. Sprinkle over the chicken.
- Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 3-5 minutes per side, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Cook time will vary depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts.
- When chicken is done top with a slice of mozzarella cheese and cook for 1 more minute.
- Remove from heat and place chicken breasts on a plate. Top each breast with 1 slice of tomato, thinly sliced basil and salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve.
- Pound out your chicken breasts to an even thickness to ensure even cooking. This will help to cook them evenly and a thinner side won't be dry and overcooked or the thicker side won't be cooked through.
- Make certain to slice the cheese and the tomatoes thick so that the flavors stay strong with the taste of the chicken!
- Using fresh mozzarella is the key to really bringing out that caprese taste and flavor.
- To make a balsamic reduction, simmer 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar over medium heat until it has reduced by 1/2.