Bruschetta Chicken is a delicious, healthy dinner recipe! Seasoned and grilled chicken topped with homemade bruschetta and balsamic glaze! It’s an easy dinner perfect for a busy weeknight.
Healthy Bruschetta Chicken!
When most people think of Bruschetta, they think of whipping it up and adding it onto bread or other things like that. But this recipe is different and in a wonderful and unique way. Adding the homemade bruschetta on top of the chicken creates a flavor and taste that you’re going to love.
There’s just something about a tender, juicy grilled chicken breast topped with bruschetta made with garden fresh tomatoes, herbs and seasonings. It’s a great healthy dinner recipe that’s a fun twist on my favorite bruschetta appetizer!
How to make Bruschetta Chicken
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, I think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this deliciously easy recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
What do I need to make Bruschetta Chicken
- Olive oil
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Italian Seasoning
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
Ingredients for the bruschetta:
- Roma tomatoes
- Red onion
- Finely chopped garlic
- Shredded fresh basil
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Balsamic glaze
How to make Bruschetta Chicken
Cooking this dish is really quite simple. The key is to make certain that you cook the chicken all the way through on the grill or stove top.
Season Chicken – Before cooking, brush both sides of the chicken with olive oil and seasoning. (Picture 1)
Cook Chicken – Place on medium-high heat to cook. You’ll want the chicken to reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees to be done completely. (Picture 2 and 3)
Make Bruschetta – Once cooked, you can remove from heat and top with your store-bought or homemade bruschetta. (Picture 4)
Tips and Tricks to making the best Bruschetta Chicken!
- Make certain that you don’t overcook the chicken. You don’t want to have dry chicken for this recipe at all!
- If you have tomatoes from your garden, use them! Garden fresh tomatoes are absolutely the best!
- Once you make the bruschetta, let it rest in the fridge for a little bit of time beforehand. That way the flavor has time to mesh together a bit more to create a truly flavorful dish.
- If you do happen to have any leftover, try to store the chicken and the bruschetta separate. The bruschetta will have juices from the tomato and you don’t want to take the chance of it making the chicken soggy.
- If you are short on time go for store bought bruschetta, it’s not as good as homemade but it’s totally a time saver!
What to serve with Bruschetta Chicken?
Anything that you normally like to eat chicken goes great with this dish as well.
How to reheat Bruschetta Chicken
Reheating this dish is simple! Just remember to reheat the chicken on its own without having any of the bruschetta on top. And while some people might not mind their bruschetta being warmed up, it’s best if it’s served room temperature or chilled.
More grilled chicken recipes!
- Grilled Pineapple Chicken
- BBQ Chicken on the Grill
- Beer Can Chicken
- Grilled Chicken with Avocado Salsa
- Grilled Cajun Lime Chicken
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THIS RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time I post a new video!
Tag me on Instagram when you make this @gimmesomegrilling or #gimmesomegrilling – love to see your delicious eats!!
Grilled Bruschetta Chicken
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in half horizontally
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 Roma tomatoes seeded & finely chopped
- 1/4 red onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 4 Tbsp shredded fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- ½ cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup balsamic glaze
- Brush olive oil over both sides of chicken breasts. Season the chicken with the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place the chicken on gas grill heated to medium-high heat or into a grill pan or skillet. Cook for 5-6 minutes per side, or until cooked until the thickest part of the breast reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- While chicken is cooking mix together ingredients for bruschetta. To save time you can also purchase store bought bruschetta.
- Once chicken is cooked, remove from the heat. Top with bruschetta and pour the glaze over top.