This delicious, juicy Beer Can Chicken on your grill is so easy! Plus, it’s great to make on the weekend and use it for meal prep too! Fire up your gas grill and make this Beer Can Chicken today!
Now does this look tasty or what? Let me tell you we LOVE Beer Can Chicken and Beer Can Chicken on Grill even better! It was all we could do not pull that crispy skin right off the chicken. This Bear Can Chicken starts with a delicious Chicken Rub and then it is grilled until perfectly crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside!
Just look at the crispy golden skin! Mmmm! That is one tasty bird!
I’ll admit this is the first time I made Beer Can Chicken on Grill and I’m hooked for life! I can’t wait to try more flavors. I’m really wanting to try a tequila lime flavor! It was sooooo juicy.
We served it with my favorite Grilled Asparagus and it was the perfect combo!
I used this hand chicken rack that made it super easy to balance the chicken on the grill.
If you use just the beer can it gets a little bit tricky!
Trust me on this, I may or may not have tried it and failed.
What do I need to make Beer Can Chicken on Grill
- Chicken Rub
- Whole Chicken
That’s it, only two ingredients!
How to make Beer Can Chicken
- Preheat the grill to 375 degrees.
- Prepare BBQ Chicken rub or use your favorite premade rub.
- Rinse chicken under cold running water, drain and pat dry. Fit whole chicken over the opened can of beer with the legs on the bottom; keeping upright, just like as pictured. I recommend using this chicken rack also!
- Sprinkle the seasoning mix into the top cavity of the chicken.
- Lift the skin from the chicken. Then generously rub the spice mix in between the skin and meat of the chicken to season. Next rub the remaining seasoning mix over the entire surface of the chicken.
- Place the chicken, standing on the can, directly on the preheated grill.
- Close the lid and until the chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear
- Remove the chicken from the grill and discard the beer can. Cover the chicken with a doubled sheet of aluminum foil, and allow to rest before slicing
How do you season the chicken?
- Using spice rub start by gently lifting the skin from the chicken.
- Generously rub the chicken rub in between the skin and meat of the chicken to season.
- Rub the remaining seasoning mix over the entire surface of the chicken.
How long does it take to cook beer can chicken?
It will take about 1 hour 15 minutes at 375 degrees to cook the chicken, plus 10 minutes resting. Hardest part I know, but allowing it to rest is what’s going to make your chicken juicy and tender!
Do you have to use beer?
Technically no, you can also use soda like ginger ale, citrus soda or even root beer, but hey… don’t be a party pooper! This is Beer Can Chicken on Grill after all! ???
Can you cook beer can chicken in the oven?
- You bet – when it’s cold outside or rainy you can certainly bake it in the oven, just be sure to place a pan under the chicken to catch the juices.
What sides to serve with beer can chicken?
- Grilled Caesar Salad
- Seasoned Potatoes on Grill
- Smoked Stuffing
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Grilled Cauliflower Steaks
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THIS RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time a post a new video!
Are you ready to get grilling this chicken?!! I’m getting hungry again just looking at it! Be sure to tag me on Instagram @gimmesomegrilling or hashtag #gimmesomegrilling!
I really want to hear from you, so if you love this chicken, be sure to comment and leave a five star rating below.
Beer Can Chicken Recipe
- 3 lb whole chicken
- 1 batch BBQ Chicken Rub
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, about 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a small bowl mix together the BBQ Chicken rub or use your favorite premade chicken rub.
- Rinse chicken under cold running water. Discard giblets and neck from chicken; drain and pat dry. Fit whole chicken over the can of beer with the legs on the bottom; keep upright. I recommend using this chicken rack also! Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the seasoning mix into the top cavity of the chicken. The beer may foam up when the seasonings fall inside the can.
- Gently lift the skin from the chicken. Then generously rub the chicken rub in between the skin and meat of the chicken to season the chicken. Next rub the remaining seasoning mix over the entire surface of the chicken.
- Place the chicken, standing on the can, directly on the preheated grill. Close the lid and barbeque the chicken until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 1 hour 15 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone should read 180 degrees F (82 degrees C). Remove the chicken from the grill and discard the beer can. Cover the chicken with a doubled sheet of aluminum foil, and allow to rest in a warm area for 10 minutes before slicing.