Delicious Garlic Parmesan Chicken Legs on the Grill are perfect for your cookouts, barbecues and backyard parties! The grilled chicken legs are coated with savory garlic and cheesy parmesan and are lick-your-fingers good! They will be an instant hit at your next cookout or party. Drumsticks are easy to grill, flavorful and inexpensive!
You’re going to love this easy meal as much as we do. I love serving up drumsticks for a party also because they come with a built-in handle; they are easy to grab and enjoy AND an affordable dish!
Like my recipes for Grilled BBQ Chicken Legs and Grilled Ranch Chicken Drumsticks this is a kid friendly meal too, just be sure to have plenty of wipes or paper towels handy because these drummies are cheesy lick-your-fingers delicious!
Also, a word of warning these Garlic Parmesan Chicken Legs are so tasty even your neighbors magically appear at dinnertime! Or at least, that’s what happened with my neighbors. Their little boy spied my kids out playing ball and came over to play with them. When he saw my grilling he decided he’d stay for dinner. I really can’t blame him. Why is it that ever kid loves chicken legs?
When his Mom came over to claim him she couldn’t resist grabbing one of these Garlic Parmesan Drumsticks either!
She reported they were definitely finger licking good!
Grocery list for Garlic Parmesan Drumsticks
- chicken drumsticks
How do I make Grilled Chicken Parmesan Legs?
- Preheat your grill
- Prep the chicken – brush with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning. Be sure to rub the seasoning into the chicken legs to coat and flavor them well.
- Cook on the grill until done
- While the chicken is cooking prepare the sauce.
- When the drumsticks come off the grill, simply toss in the sauce and serve!
How easy is that right? Super simple and so good!
How long do you cook chicken legs on the grill?
The chicken legs will take about 30 minutes on the grill. You’ll want to rotate every ten minutes or so that way they will not burn. Chicken is cooked when it reaches an internal temperature of 185-190 degrees.
I know technically it’s an internal temperature of 165 degrees F for cooked chicken, but I’ve found out with chicken legs the sweet spot is 185-190 degrees F. The meat around the joint if fully cooked through and you avoid the rubbery chicken and instead get fall off the bone chicken legs. Go with the high temperature!
Tips to keep chicken from sticking on the grill
- Start with a clean grill – be sure to remove any charred bits leftover from your previous meal.
- Right before the chicken is added to the grill, coat it with a good non-stick cooking spray or coat it with a paper towel dipped in oil, using tongs rub the oil onto the grill.
- Keep the grill hot, but not too hot, about 350-400 degrees. If the grill is too hot the outside will burn before meat inside is cooked.
Wondering what to serve alongside these tasty drumsticks? Here are my suggestions for easy sides to serve with Garlic Parmesan Chicken!
- Easy Smoked Vegetables – tons of flavor from balsamic and seasonings, then perfectly smoked. No need to heat up the house!
- Baked Beans on the Grill – super easy with a TON of flavor!
- Grilled Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Bread – loaded with butter, cheese and garlic, this bread will go perfectly with the Garlic Parmesan Drumsticks (If you’re a carb addict like me, this will be your newest favorite bread!)
- Blackberry Cobbler – round out your meal a family favorite. Bonus? This is an easy make-ahead dessert!
If you’re like us, this will be a recipe you love and will make it again and again! I’ve said this before, but chicken legs are cheap…ahem… I mean inexpensive. You’ll probably have everything you need to make this without running to the store.
If you like this dish as much as we do, be sure to leave a comment and rating below. I’d love to hear from you!
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Legs
- 2.5 lb chicken drumsticks
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 c. butter melted
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley minced
- 1/2 c. parmesan cheese shredded
- Preheat grill to 350-400 degrees F.
- Brush chicken legs with olive oil.
- In a small bowl combine salt, garlic powder and black pepper. Rub into chicken legs.
- Place chicken legs on grill for 30 minutes rotating every 10 minutes, or until they reach an internal temperature of 185-190 degrees F.
- While chicken legs are grilling combine butter, garlic, parsley and parmesan cheese in large mixing bowl. When chicken legs are fully cooked place in bowl and toss to coat. Remove and serve immediately.