Crispy, tender grilled chicken wings with a Parmesan garlic sauce! These Grilled Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings are perfect for a quick party appetizer, tailgating recipe or a fun dinner! You’ll be licking your fingers they are so delicious!
Parmesan Chicken Wings
I think we’ve established I’m all about food with a built-in handle right? Like these Grilled Ranch Chicken Legs or Southwest Grilled Chicken Drumsticks. Plus, we love flavor, right? These Parmesan Chicken Wings satisfy both of those needs! Tender, juicy grilled chicken wings that have a Parmesan Butter Sauce on them. They are the perfect grilled recipe for dinner or for tailgating!
Food with a handle is just tastier! Plus, my kids love to eat with their fingers, so these Grilled Chicken Wings are right up their alley. When the kids are happy, Mom is happy. I mean, seriously, the kids kind of rule the roost around here. As much as I don’t want to let them, I choose my battles wisely. One of those things is making food I know they will enjoy. Although I have stopped making them something different if they decide they don’t enjoy it because let’s get real. Kids are finicky! I toss them a bowl and some cereal and that’s what they get if they turn up their noses!
I’m also a fan of spicy food, but it’s always nice to have a tasty appetizer when you don’t want everything to be spicy.
Like these super tasty Parmesan Chicken Wings!
These grilled chicken wings are so easy to make and super flavorful, whether you’re putting together a quick weeknight meal for the kids or doing some tailgating, (football season is right around the corner!) These wings are a tasty option!
Shopping list for Garlic Parmesan Wings
- chicken wings
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- parmesan cheese
Garlic Parmesan Wings
Lick your fingers – crispy, tender grilled chicken wings with a Parmesan garlic sauce! These are sooo good! Here’s how easy they come together.
Steps to make Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Start with a clean preheated grill.
- In a small bowl mix together wings, olive oil, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Grill chicken wings for 25-30 minutes, rotating during grilling time. You need the internal temperature to be at least 165 degrees F (see my recipe notes for my preference).
- Mix together the ingredients for the Parmesan Garlic Sauce.
- Remove chicken wings from grill and toss with the sauce. Serve immediately with plenty of paper towels to pass!
Tips to cook chicken wings on the grill
- Start with a clean grill. Make sure to scrape all of the black bits off the grill, they will cause the skin to stick.
- Preheat the grill about 350 degrees F.
- Oil the grill well.
- Place the chicken on the grill and close the lid for a few minutes.
- Flip a couple of times, chicken wings will take 20-25 minutes to cook.
- Watch for hotspots on the grill, if there’s too much char, flip the wing and move it to a cooler spot on the grill.
- A piece of heavy duty foil spread on a portion of the grill will give you a spot to deposit wings that are done or are getting a little blacked on the grill.
Are chicken wings good for you?
It’s white meat, these MUST be good for you right? Sadly… there are better choices if you’re watching your calories (like a boneless skinless chicken breast) BUT hey, this is fun food! It’s all about moderation, right? 😉
Love great grilled chicken wings? Me too! Here are some of my favorite chicken wing recipes!
- Chicken Wings with Seasoned Buffalo Sauce – Once Upon a Chef
- Spicy Barbecued Chicken Wings – All Our Way
- Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wings – She Wears Many Hats
Watch how easy it is to make Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings!
Crispy, tender grilled chicken wings with a Parmesan garlic sauce! These Grilled Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings are perfect for a quick party appetizer, tailgating recipe or a fun dinner! You'll be licking your fingers they are so delicious!
- 12 chicken wings
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. butter melted and cooled
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley choppes
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese shredded
Clean grill and preheat to 350 - 400 degrees F.
In a small bowl mix together wings, olive oil, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Toss to coat.
Place chicken wings on grill and grill for 25-30 minutes, rotating 2-3 times during grilling time. You need the internal temperature to be at least 165 degrees F. I actually prefer it 180-190 degrees F to make sure the meat by the joints is cooked through and you don't end up with any stringy chicken!
When chicken is almost done mix together the ingredients for the Parmesan Garlic Sauce.
Remove chicken wings from grill and place in bowl. Pour Parmesan Garlic Sauce over the chicken wings and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
You can also bake the chicken wings in an oven preheated to 375 degrees F for 40 minutes.