Who loves Buffalo Chicken? This fun twist on it is amazing and delicious. Buffalo Chicken is threaded on to skewers along with onions and peppers. It makes a great dinner, tailgating or appetizer recipe. Grilled buffalo chicken kabobs are bursting with flavor, plus it’s so easy that anyone can make it!
Hey guys I know we’re heading into winter, but just looking at this tasty grilled buffalo chicken skewers don’t you just want to break out the grill? We enjoy grilling year-round. I’m thinking everyone else must be a little south of the snow belt than me, right? So if we can do it you can too!
Truth be told I’m trying to be brave. Ahhh…. winter… right around the corner!
Tips for grilling in the winter!
- Use a gas grill. It’s easier to start and when you’re done grilling you can just flip a switch and be done with it!
- Because it’s cold outside, keep in mind you’ll use more propane. Have plenty on hand for winter grilling.
- Have everything ready to go for one trip outside. Opening and closing the doors (and the grill) will let the heat out quickly!
- Only grill in well-ventilated areas DO NOT move the grill into a closed garage.
Bundle up, bring a beverage and have fun with it! This meal doesn’t take long at all to grill!
Grilled Buffalo Chicken
Grocery List for Grilled Buffalo Chicken
- boneless chicken breast
- red onion
- red bell pepper
- yellow bell pepper
- red hot sauce
- smoked paprika
These are so easy to make and everyone loves them! The kids love them because they are total finger food, I love them because cleanup is a snap and everything is portioned out perfectly! No need to make veggies because they are already here AND the kids will even eat them!
Look at me, Mom of the year! 😉
How to make Grilled Buffalo Chicken Skewers
- Soak the wooden skewers
- Mix together the buffalo sauce marinade In a small bowl mix
- Assemble the skewers -alternating between chicken, yellow pepper, red pepper and purple onion until the skewer is full.
- Preheat the grill
- Grill the skewers, basting with buffalo sauce.
- Cover and grill 7-8 minutes, rotate skewers and baste with sauce. They are done when the internal temperature is 165 degrees F and juices run clear
This meal is perfect for dinner, tailgating or even an appetizer! Just use shorter skewers. Everyone loves chicken kabobs, whether you’re big or small!
What to serve with Grilled Buffalo Chicken Skewers
A pasta salad goes perfectly with this meal. This recipe for Greek Pasta Salad is one of my favorites! Or keep everything on the grill by making a Grilled Caesar Salad or Grilled Corn Salad! Finish off your meal with another easy favorite, Grilled Apple Dump Cake!
Lookie me – no clean-up in the kitchen, who wouldn’t love that?!!
Ok, when you’ve wowed everyone with this easy tasty meal, be sure and snap a picture to show it off! You can tag me on Instagram at @gimmesomegrilling or #gimmesomegrilling – you’ll be a star serving up these kabobs!
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THIS GRILLED BUFFALO CHICKEN SKEWERS RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time a post a new video!
Be sure and comment below and let me know, I’d love to hear from you! If you try this, I hope you can swing back and let me know what you think of this easy side dish!
Grilled Buffalo Chicken Skewers
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1'' pieces
- 1 red onion cut into 1'' pieces
- 1 yellow pepper cut into 1'' pieces
- 1 red pepper cut into 1'' pieces
- 1/2 c. red hot sauce
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Soak wooden skewers for at least 30 minutes if you are using them.
- In a bowl mix together the ingredients for the buffalo sauce.
- Thread a piece of chicken on skewer, then a piece of yellow pepper, red pepper and purple onion. Repeat until skewer is full.
- Place skewers on grill that has been preheat to 350 degrees. Baste with buffalo sauce. Cover and grill 7-8 minutes. Open cover of grill and rotate skewers. Baste with buffalo sauce. Grill an additional 7-8 minutes or until internal temperature is 165 degrees F and juices run clear.