These quick, juicy grilled chicken breasts are marinated in Italian dressing for a delicious dinner recipe. Italian Grilled Chicken Breasts are the perfect easy weeknight grilling recipe everyone is sure to enjoy!
Italian Grilled Chicken
An easy dinner on the grill is always a win in our house, how about you? What I really love about this recipe (and you will too!) is that it’s marinated all day long while you’re at work or busy with life. It’s so easy because it’s TWO INGREDIENTS! Did you hear that? Just Italian dressing (out of a bottle if you are like me) and chicken breasts. Throw them in the dressing during the day and come home and pop them on the grill.
No standing in the kitchen for us… right? Gotta love that!
Today we’re grilling up an amazing and simple Italian Grilled Chicken Breast! Super easy and so delicious!
I shared my tips and tricks for grilling the juiciest chicken breast earlier this summer, if you want to give that a quick review you can click here.
My step-mother-in-law taught me this trick for an easy grilling recipe and it’s been a staple for years now. I’m all about the easy recipes that let me mix things up a bit!
What is a good seasoning for grilled chicken?
We are using your favorite Italian dressing! Have you ever used salad dressing for a marinade before? It’s perfect for a marinade because of all the spices and flavors in the dressing. There’s no need to doll it up!
Can you marinate chicken in Italian dressing overnight?
- You can marinate this chicken up to twelve hours in the salad dressing.
Shopping list for Italian Grilled Chicken
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Italian salad dressing
Pretty simple huh? My kinda meal!
Can you marinate chicken too long?
Too long? Good question! I really don’t allow it to marinate it any longer than twelve hours. By then it’s certainly had time for all the flavors to penetrate the meat and make it super tender and delicious.
Chicken Breast with Italian Dressing
What is a good side dish for grilled chicken? Some of my favorites are:
- Easy Smoked Vegetables – simple and perfect every time!
- Grilled Corn Salad – lots of crunch and LOADS of flavor!
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts – the kids even eat these!
- Grilled Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Bread – everyone loves this!
- Lemon Coconut Cake – because every meal needs a delicious and sweet ending!
Directions for Italian Grilled Chicken
- Pound the chicken breasts so they are even with the flat side of a meat mallet or rolling pin. This helps them grill evenly.
- Pour Italian dressing into ziploc bag, squeeze air out and seal.
- Place in refrigerator for 4-12 hours to marinate.
- Clean and preheat your grill to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken breasts on the grill and grill 5 minutes, then flip and grill an additional 5 minutes or until the internal temperature of chicken is 165 degree F
And just look how juicy, moist and tender the chicken turns out! This chicken is perfect right off the grill.
You may want to double this recipe because leftovers are dynamite for chicken salad sandwiches or simply slicing the chicken and serving it over a great green salad.
You can’t go wrong with leftover chicken!
I hope you really ❤️❤️❤️ this recipe! Be sure and leave me a five star rating below and when you make this please take a moment and tag me on Instagram @gimmesomegrilling or #gimmesomegrilling – I look forward to seeing your good eats!
Italian Grilled Chicken Breasts
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 c. Italian dressing
- Pound your chicken breasts so they are even by placing inside of ziploc bag, getting as much air out and sealing the bag. Then pound the chicken with the flat side of a meat mallet or rolling pin so they are even and about 1/4'' to 1/2'' thick. This will help them grill evenly.
- Pour Italian dressing into ziploc bag, squeeze air out and seal. Place in refrigerator for 4-12 hours to marinate.
- Clean and preheat your grill to 350 degrees F after marinating is done. Place chicken breasts on the grill and grill 5 minutes, then flip and grill an additional 5 minutes or until the internal temperature of chicken is 165 degree F.
- Serve immediately.