Italian Grilled Chicken are chicken breasts that are marinated in Italian dressing for a delicious dinner recipe. They are are the perfect easy weeknight grilling recipe everyone is sure to enjoy!
With only two ingredients anyone can make this grilled chicken recipe. It’s seriously so easy – the best main dish when you want to fire up the grill but don’t want to do a lot of work.
We love this juicy Italian chicken with some green bean foil packets on the side. It’s an entire meal you can cook on the grill!
An easy dinner on the grill is always a win in our house, how about you? What I really love about this recipe (and you will too!) is that the prep time is so quick. It takes just minutes to prep and then you can leave the chicken to marinate while you’re at work or busy with life.
Why This Recipe Works!
- It’s so easy because it’s TWO INGREDIENTS! Did you hear that? Just Italian dressing (out of a bottle if you are like me) and chicken breasts. Throw them in the dressing during the day and come home and pop them on the grill.
- The cook time is quick, too. Once the chicken is on the grill it’s done in about 10 minutes. No standing in the kitchen for us… right? Gotta love that!
- Leftovers are perfect for easy lunches and meal prep.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts – You could also use chicken thighs or chicken legs if you’d like.
- Italian salad dressing – Use your favorite. We like the Zesty Italian Salad Dressing in this recipe.
Steps to Prepare Grilled Chicken Breasts
- Prepare Chicken Breasts – Pound the chicken breasts so they are even with the flat side of a meat mallet or rolling pin. This helps them grill evenly.
- Chicken Marinade – Pour Italian dressing into ziploc bag, squeeze air out and seal. Place in refrigerator for 4-12 hours to marinate.
- Grill – Clean and preheat your BBQ grill to 350 degrees. Place chicken breasts on the hot grill grates and grill 5 minutes, then flip and grill an additional 5 minutes or until the internal temperature of chicken is 165 degree F
Looking for more grilling tips and tricks? Be sure to check How to Grill the Juiciest Chicken Breasts!
What is a good seasoning for grilled chicken?
We are using your favorite Italian dressing! Have you ever used salad dressing for a marinade before? It’s perfect for a marinade because of all the Italian seasoning and flavors in the dressing. There’s no need to doll it up!
Can you marinate chicken in Italian dressing overnight?
You can marinate this chicken up to twelve hours in the salad dressing.
Can you marinate chicken too long?
Too long? Good question! I really don’t allow it to marinate it any longer than twelve hours. By then it’s certainly had time for all the flavors to penetrate the meat and make it super tender and delicious.
More Recipe Tips
- You can also use this Italian dressing marinade for chicken thighs!
- Love to meal prep? This is a great recipe! You can marinate and grill the chicken ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator for up to three to four days.
- You may want to go ahead and double this recipe because leftovers are dynamite for chicken salad sandwiches or use it to make a delicious grilled chicken salad. You can’t go wrong with leftovers!
This is seriously the best chicken recipe for the grill. Quick, easy, and just look how juicy, moist, and tender the chicken turns out! No one will ever guess how easy it is to make – you need to try it!
What is a good side dish for grilled chicken? Some of my favorites are:
- Easy Smoked Vegetables – simple and perfect every time!
- Grilled Corn Salad – lots of crunch and LOADS of flavor!
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts – the kids even eat these!
- Grilled Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Bread – everyone loves this!
Shop Our Spices
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 c. Italian dressing
- Pound your chicken breasts so they are even by placing inside of ziploc bag, getting as much air out and sealing the bag. Then pound the chicken with the flat side of a meat mallet or rolling pin so they are even and about 1/4” to 1/2” thick. This will help them grill evenly.
- Pour Italian dressing into ziploc bag, squeeze air out and seal. Place in refrigerator for 4-12 hours to marinate.
- Clean and preheat your grill to 350 degrees F after marinating is done. Place chicken breasts on the grill and grill 5 minutes, then flip and grill an additional 5 minutes or until the internal temperature of chicken is 165 degree F.
- Serve immediately.