Grilled Corn Salad recipe is a summer salad that is packed with flavor from grilled corn, fresh tomatoes, avocados, lime juice, red onion and cilantro. This salad has a delicious homemade lime vinaigrette that brings out the flavors of the fresh vegetables. Mix up this salad with avocado and tomato for your next summer party! It’s the perfect side dish for bringing to potlucks and serving aside any meal this summer.
If you eat with your eyes, you’ll definitely want to start here with this Grilled Corn Salad, don’t you agree? You’re going to absolutely love this salad! It easily pairs with everything at your summer barbecue and adds a bright fresh summer crunch from the corn and creaminess from the avocado. Does this look delicious or what?
Plus, it’s an easy, healthy side dish and one that everyone loves.
Mix that crunchy, fresh grilled sweet corn with the bursting fresh cherry tomatoes and this amazing summer salad!
- Corn on the cob
- Cherry tomatoes
- Red onion
I use an easy homemade lime vinaigrette – all you need to do is whisk together olive oil and salt, lime juice, cumin, and pepper. It’s really that simple and it’s the great compliment for the salad. The lime brightens the flavors and goes perfectly the corn and avocado. Bonus? It keeps the avocado from turning brown also!
3 Steps to Prepare
- Prepare the Corn – Shuck the corn and brush with olive oil and season with salt. Grill until until the corn is tender and you have great grill marks, about 10-15 minutes. Turn corn occasionally. Remove the corn from the grill and cool. Cut the kernels and place large bowl. Side Note – You can also prepare the corn in a grill pan on the stove top using the same method!
- Mix the dressing – Whisk all the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl.
- Toss together – Add avocado, tomatoes, onion and cilantro to the bowl with corn. Pour the dressing over the top and toss to combine.
Make it a meal!
You may want to double (or triple!) this if you’re making it for family or friends. It’s so full of great crunch and everyone loves this salad!
- Top off a this Best Hamburger Recipe – serve it right on top and pass the napkins!
- Top off your BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza – it will add bright fresh crunch!
- Of course it is a great side dish! Serve it alongside Marinated Grilled Vegetable and Steak Kabobs or Southwestern Pork Chops yum!!
When you make this (and I know you will!) be sure to tag me on Instagram @gimmesomegrilling or #gimmesomegrilling – so I don’t miss seeing it! I know you’ll love this super easy grilled corn salad, I promise! Ooh! And if you have a moment, leave a comment below with a five star rating and let me know what you think of this tasty recipe!
Grilled Corn Salad
- 2 ears fresh corn husked
- 1 tsp salt divided
- 5 Tbsp olive oil divided
- 2 limes juiced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 avocado cut into 1/2'' dice
- 1 1/2 c. cherry tomatoes halved
- 2/3 c. red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 c. cilantro chopped
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Clean grill and prepare for direct cooking over medium heat, about 350 degrees F.
- Brush corn with 2 Tbsp olive oil and season with 1/2 tsp salt. Grill over direct medium heat, with lid closed, until brown spots have formed and corn is tender. This will take 10-15 minutes. Turn corn occasionally. Remove from grill and cool enough to handle. Cut the kernels from the cobs and place into large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the remaining olive oil and salt, lime juice, cumin, and pepper. Set dressing aside.
- Add avocado, tomatoes, onion and cilantro to bowl with corn. Pour dressing on top. Toss to gently combine. Serve immediately.
- You can also prepare the corn in a grill pan on the stove top using the same method as the grill.