Grilled Zucchini is a quick and easy side dish on your grill! This healthy recipe is perfect for preparing to go with your main meal with minimal prep and clean up. Zucchini is tossed with olive oil, balsamic and spices then grilled.
We will teach you how to grill zucchini so it has a little crunch and isn’t soggy! If you have a lot of zucchini to use up from the garden is the perfect recipe. It goes great with so many grilled dishes like our favorite grilled chicken thighs or Greek chicken!
If you find that you have a ton of zucchini from the garden that you just don’t know what to do with, grilling zucchini absolutely needs to happen!
Would you believe me if I said you really only need four ingredients to make this delicious grilled side dish?
Ingredients for Grilled Zucchini
- Olive oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Garlic Powder
I love the flavor from the balsamic, but if you have someone that doesn’t like that just leave it out. I’ve found out that balsamic vinegar is a bit of a love or hate flavor!
You can also change up the seasonings – try your favorite dried herbs or spices. You don’t need a whole lot, just a few sprinkles for each zucchini.
How do I make Grilled Zucchini?
- Prep the Zucchini -Simply make certain that your zucchini is washed and dried and then cut off both ends and split down the middle.
- Preheat your Grill – Set your grill temperature to about 400 degrees.
- Mix Ingredients – Add all the ingredients in a bag and combine, then add in your zucchini. Toss everything in the bag so the zucchini is evenly coated.
- Grill: Place the zucchini on the preheated grill. You’ll want to flip the zucchini every 4-5 minutes but they should be grilled to perfection in about 10-12 minutes.
Grilling zucchini just might be one of the easiest and most fun vegetables to grill. It’s crazy simple to make! There’s really not a whole lot to it, but it gives such an amazing taste and flavor!
Remember the key is to cook it so it still has a slight bite to it. You don’t want soggy zucchini!
Do you grill zucchini with the skin on?
Absolutely! Grilling zucchini with the skin on is a great way to keep it all together nicely on the grill, plus it gives it a nice crunchy texture as well.
How do you cut it for grilling?
I like thick pieces of zucchini for grilling so all I do is slice off the ends and then slice the zucchini lengthwise in half.
Is grilled zucchini healthy?
It is! Anytime that you can find a way to get more vegetables into your diet, do so! You’ll find that once you make this delicious recipe, you’ll actually crave this flavor over and over again!
How do you reheat leftover grilled zucchini?
Let’s be honest…sometimes, you can’t eat it all. If you happen to have leftovers, all you need to do is store in an airtight container and place in the fridge.
When it comes time to reheat, place in your microwave for about 30 seconds to warm it up.
Keep in mind that the zucchini probably won’t be as firm as they were when they were taken off the grill, but the flavor and taste will be the same.
What should I serve with Grilled Zucchini?
Here are a few of my favorite main dishes to pair with this delicious grilled zucchini! These are all made on the grill so you can grill both items at the same time.
As you can tell, grilling zucchini isn’t hard to do at all. You can even grill them up and cut them into bite-sized pieces to add to your salads or other vegetable side dishes.
It really feels like summer when we get that first batch of fresh garden zucchini! Zucchini on the grill will be your new favorite side dish just like it is at our house. Give it a try soon and enjoy!
More Recipes with Grilled zucchini
- A medley of zucchini, peppers, mushrooms, and onion combine for a delicious side dish of Grilled Vegetables!
- Greek Kabobs combine chicken and fresh veggies for dinner on a stick!
- Pair steak, zucchini, and tomatoes on skewers for a easy Steak Kabobs!
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @gimmesomegrilling or #gimmesomegrilling so I can see your grilling masterpieces!
- 2 medium zucchinis washed and dried
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees F.
- Next, chop the ends off of your washed and dried zucchini. Then cut the zucchini in half lengthwise.
- In a bowl mix together the rest of the ingredients in resealable gallon bag. Place zucchini pieces in bag and shake to coat.
- Place zucchini on grill and grill for about 10-12 minutes, flipping every 4 minutes.
Leave a Comment