Marinated Grilled Vegetable and Steak Kabobs ~ Delicious, Tender Marinated Steak and Vegetables on a Kabob Stick! Grilled to Perfection. Include Your Favorite Vegetables like Onions, Peppers, Zucchini and Squash!
Kabobs are one of my favorite items to grill. I love that they come together quickly and they cook quickly. The little pieces of meat cook so much faster than a whole steak so they are perfect if you are short on time during the week, but still want to grill. (Though if you want a great steak, be sure to try my Honey Bourbon Steak!)
Add some vegetables to the steak and you have and entire meal on a skewer! These Marinated Grilled Vegetable and Steak Kabobs will have you wishing you doubled the recipe! Gone before you know it!
Ingredients for Marinated Grilled Vegetable and Steak Kabobs
- Red cooking wine
- Olive oil
- Worcestershire sauce
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Seasoned salt
- Dried parsley flakes
- Top sirlion steak, cut into 1 inch cubes
- Cherry tomatoes
- Green pepper
- Summer squash
I invested in this awesome Wireless Meat Thermometer so I don’t have to stand right next to the grill babysitting my food. I just pop it into my steak or whatever I’m grilling, then take the timer inside with me. I set it to what type of meat I’m grilling and the temp I want it to achieve. Then when it gets to that point it just beeps and I run out and check it.
Perfect for this grill that can’t focus on one thing at a time! And for the lady with three kids that always need something.
Steak Kabob Marinade
My husband actually loves it too. He often wanders into his shed, imagine that, and doesn’t have to sit there to babysit the grill either.
What is it with men and their sheds? I think he could just sit in it to feel manly sometimes. Every guy that I met for a year after we built it had something to say about it.
Oh, you have that new shed. Man I wish I had a shed like that. On, and on and on….
In fact today we were in meeting with our retirement guy and he had to bring up the shed! How nice the shed is, how he needs one, what Jason has in the shed etc. It does not help that we live on a US Highway in small town Minnesota where I feel like half the people that live here end up driving past our house!
I’m pretty sure they knew what color the cabinets were in the back of the shed! Gotta love small town living that’s for sure!
Steak Kabob Recipe
This is also why I make sure the grill is hid behind the house on our patio back there. Otherwise I’m afraid I’d have guests over all the time when I’m trying to “work” aka developing new recipes for you!
After moving to our house we quickly found out everyone knew when we ate outside on the patio next to our house because it faces the highway. We quickly learned to hide behind the house on that patio!
That is also where I plan on putting my hot tub. You know, when my dreams come true.
For now, I’ll be satisfied with enjoying these delicious steak kabobs on my back patio!
Tips for Making Marinated Grilled Vegetable and Steak Kabob
- Buy a great cut of meat. Splurge on a better quality steak so they are tender not tough and chewy. I recommend a sirloin steak! Otherwise Tenderloin steaks cuts would work too.
- Don’t over cook it. You splurged on that great cut of meat don’t ruin it by over cooking it! Serve these Marinated Grilled Vegetable Steak Kabobs rare or medium rare.
- Cut your meat evenly. This helps it cook at the same rate.
- Start with a clean grill. Pretty basic, but don’t forget this step.
- Before you place the kabobs on your grill have it piping hot. This will help you achieve a nice char on the kabobs. You’ll know it’s time to turn the kabobs when they release easily from the grill.
- Remember to baste these steak kebobs ever time you turn them.
- Remember to soak your skewers before you plan on making these! If you tend to forget like me invest in some metal skewers.
Now you know how to achieve the perfect Steak Kabobs! Fire up that grill and invite your friends over or just make a great meal for your family. Either way you will be enjoying these delicious Marinated Grilled Vegetable and Steak Kabobs!
More Easy Kabob Recipes!
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THIS STEAK KABOB RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time a post a new video!
Vegetable and Steak Kabob Recipe
- 1 c. red cooking wine
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- 4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 2 lbs top sirlion steak, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 yellow summer squash
- 1 medium zucchini
- Combine first 8 ingredients in small bowl. Pour half the marinade into a large resalable plastic bag. Add steak and seal bag. Turn to coat steak.
- Cut vegetables, except tomatoes, into 1 inch pieces. Place remaining marinade in another plastic resealable bag. Add vegetables. Turn to coat.
- Place both bags in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade from bag with beef in it. Drain marinade from vegetable bag, KEEPING MARINADE for basting while grilling. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef and vegetables.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Heat grill to medium heat, about 350 degrees. Places kabobs on grill and grill covered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, basting frequently with reserved marinade and turning occasionally. I turned and basted about every five minutes