This quick and easy apple dessert is made on your grill for easy clean up! You only need FOUR ingredients and you have an amazing Grilled Apple Dump Cake. It’s a perfect dessert for camping!
Apple Dump Cake
I love easy dessert recipes and this Apple Dump Cake is just that! It only requires a few ingredients like Apple Pie Filling, Cake Mix, butter and cinnamon and it turns into this magical dessert just calling for ice cream!
So a long time ago when I was young I woke up before my folks. I’m guessing I was probably 8 or so? I was hungry too and all that I could find was an apple pie sitting on the counter.
Hmmm….. breakfast? Why not! I dished up a slice of pie, but I knew Mom would want me to have some dairy so I reached into the freezer and got some ice-cream too.
Mom got up when I was about halfway thru my meal and she wasn’t very happy! In fact she was quite cross! I tearfully explained that the apple pie had fruit, toast and the ice-cream was dairy. Mom stopped and thought about it.
She dried my tears and said sweetie you’re absolutely right! But let’s not do that tomorrow morning, ok? True story!
Now… I’m not telling you to feed your kids this Apple Dump Cake Recipe for breakfast… but if you’re camping and there are leftovers in the morning…
Would it really be the worst thing?
If you are looking for a more “appropriate” breakfast on the grill with apples I highly recommend this Apple Monkey Bread on the Grill!
Apple Dump Cake Recipe
What is a dump cake?
A dump cake is a simple dessert with only four ingredients! It’s so easy it can even be made on the grill. It’s AMAZING and a perfect for dessert when you’re camping!
Does apple cake need to be refrigerated?
Actually no, because this doesn’t contain a custard base or eggs, you’re good! Keeping it away from hungry bears…. or midnight marauders…. yes! And like I mentioned above…. maybe leftovers get turned into an easy breakfast!
I mean you’re camping so it’s a weekend of fun, right?!!!
If you are like me, almost anything goes while you are away from home.
A friend and I were just talking about how we are never hungry on Sunday nights….
I can’t imagine why that would be!
Shopping list for Apple Dump Cake Recipe
- Apple pie mix
- Golden butter cake mix
- 9″ x 13″ foil pan
- Non-stick spray
How do you make Apple Dump Cake Recipe?
- Preheat the grill to 350 degrees
- Spray a 9” x 13” foil pan with non-stick spray.
- Dump apple pie filling into foil pan, sprinkling cinnamon on top of pie filling.
- Evenly spread the cake mix on top of the pie filling.
- Cut butter into small pieces and scatter on top of the cake mix.
- Place on grill and bake for 45-60 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
More tasty desserts!
- Campfire Apple Crisp Foil Packets
- S’mores Banana Boats
- Blueberry Lemon Cobbler on the Grill
- Grilled Peaches with Honey and Yogurt
- Smoked Apple Pie
Be sure to head out and do some camping before the weather turns! The kids love it and there’s just something about unplugging that makes it magical for me and I bet you’d love it too!
When you make this, be sure to tag me @julieseatsandtreats or #julieseatsandtreats and if you have a moment, please leave a five star rating below!
Shop Our Spices
- 2 cans apple pie filling 21 oz
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 box Golden Butter Cake Mix 15.25 oz
- 1/2 c. butter
- Preheat grill to 350 degrees
- Spray a 9'' x 13'' foil pan with non-stick spray. Dump apple pie filling into foil pan. Sprinkle cinnamon on top of pie filling. Top with the dry cake mix make sure it's evenly spread out over pie filling. Cut butter into small pieces and evenly place on top of cake mix.
- Place on grill and bake for 45-60 minutes or until the top is golden brown and cooked through.