Smoked Apple Pie is made on your electric smoker and it’s so amazing! A flaky pie crust topped with layers of apples and a sweet crumble on top. It’s the perfect ending to your meal prepared on your Traeger smoker. Always a hit at holiday meals like Thanksgiving! Are you ready to try making apple crumble pie recipe on your smoker?
Smoked Apple Pie
This might come as a big surprise, but the smoker can be used for baking! When it’s time for baking, whether it’s the holidays when oven space is at a premium OR summertime when the last thing you want to do is heat up your house – break out your Traeger or your electric smoker!
What? You betcha!
I’ve shared grilled and smoked desserts before; Blueberry Lemon Cobbler on the Grill, Grilled Apple Dump Cake or Smoked Strawberry Crisp. There’s more to it than simply using your smoker as an oven though. Smoked desserts have even more flavor!
In fact, you may have even visited the orchard this fall, with a pile of the BEST apples it’s time to make a Smoked Apple Pie!
My husband took our favorite Apple Crumb Pie, changed a few things to his liking and then we gave it a ride on our smoker.
In fact, I think he’s bringing the pie to Thanksgiving after taking a bite of this. It was still warm, plus topped with a little vanilla ice cream. I fell in love. With the apple pie. With my husband a little more. I think it was a win/win situation!
Sweet apples piled on a flaky crust topped with a delicious crumble topping. Doesn’t that sound heavenly? Like I said before, don’t forget the vanilla ice cream and if you get really wild and crazy drizzle it with a little caramel sauce!
Grocery List for Smoked Apple Pie
- Pie crust
- Brown sugar
- Quick oats
- Applewood chips
How long does it take a Traeger Grill to heat or preheat?
10-15 minutes – you’ll want to make sure it’s preheated completely before baking your pie.
What are the best chips to use for this recipe?
I recommend applewood chips – it ads another layer of flavor to this recipe!
How to make a Smoked Apple Pie
- Set smoker to 300 degrees and preheat. Let preheat.
- Add applewood chips.
- Using a 9 inches pie plate, add the pie crust.
- Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt.
- Peel and core the apples, Mix with the sugar/flour mixture and pour into the crust.
- Combine the crumb ingredients and top the pie.
- Bake the pie for 1 hours 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
More great smoked desserts!
Love this recipe? I’d love it if you comment below and leave a five-star rating!
Shop Our Spices
- 1 pie crust
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 5 1/2 c. apples peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. brown sugar packed
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 c. quick oats
- 1/2 c. butter
- Set the electric smoker to a temp of 300 degrees. Let preheat 10-15 minutes. We recommend using apple wood chips.
- Place pastry in a 9" deep dish pie pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. Toss the apples in this mixture and pour into the pie crust.
- Combine the crumb topping ingredients. Sprinkle the topping over the apple mixture.
- Bake the pie for 1 1/2 hours. Remove pie from smoker. Cool and serve with ice cream.