Crisps and cobblers are easy to make and even easier when made in the smoker! This recipe for Strawberry Crisp takes only fifteen minutes preparation. Then tucked into the smoker to cook while you’re eating your meal. When it’s done the topping is perfectly golden brown and the strawberries sweet and bubbly! It’s an easy dessert that will WOW your family and friends!
I’m pretty excited to share this AMAZING Strawberry Crisp recipe with you! And the best thing? No oven required! Perfect for those hot summer months. This crisp is loaded with tender, juicy strawberries and topped with a crunchy crumble topping.
We’re using sweet delicious strawberries to make this easy treat! A strawberry crisp is a perfect way to enjoy these delicious berries! Making it in the smoker means you don’t even have to heat up the oven (or your house!) to enjoy this perfect dessert.
And I bet you thought you couldn’t make a dessert in the smoker, huh?
I don’t blame you!
This Smoked Strawberry Crisp was inspired by this recipe that I fell in love with last year. After trying my Blueberry Lemon Cobbler that I made on the grill I knew I had to do a dessert on the smoker and the rest is history! And if there is any doubt, be sure and try this recipe for Smoked Apple Pie!
What is the difference between a crisp and a cobbler?
A crisp is made using fruit topped with a combination of flour, nuts and oats mixed with butter, and sugar. The topping ranges in texture from streusel to granola, and generally completely covers the fruit. Another name for a crisp is a crumble. A cobbler also uses fruit but is topped with a batter or biscuit crust.
I’m making this recipe even easier by using my favorite granola! This easy shortcut eliminates a step. All it takes is a visit to your pantry and refrigerator to gather a few ingredients!
Shopping list for Smoked Strawberry Crisp
- orange juice
- brown sugar
- Bob’s Red Mill Classic Granola
How do you make a crisp?
This is easy to make! Measure the ingredients for the topping and add it to a bowl. Work the mixture with your hands until all pieces are coated with butter. Spread over strawberry filling.
How long does a crisp topping take to cook?
This crisp only takes about thirty minutes to cook inside the smoker. Simply place the crisp into the smoker and close the lid. After thirty minutes the top will be crunchy and golden brown, the berries hot and bubbly. Topping this off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream takes it right over the top!
You can also make it in the oven! Simply prepare it as the recipe states, but instead of smoking in a pellet grill put it in an oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown and the strawberries are bubbling.
If you love this dessert, here are a few more delicious, easy desserts to enjoy made on the grill or in a smoker –
- Two Ingredient Grilled Pineapple – you’ll want to serve this up with a scoop of ice cream too!
- Grilled Mixed Berry Dessert – easy and simple, this is one you’ll love!
- Grilled Peaches with Vanilla Ice Cream – perfect for a summer barbecue!
Smoked Strawberry Crisp
- 6 c. fresh strawberries halved
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1/4 c. all purpose flour
- 1/3 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. flour
- 2 c. Bob's Red Mill Classic Granola
- 4 Tbsp butter softened
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat pellet grill to 350 degrees. We used competition blend wood pellets in our pellet smoker.
- In a bowl combine the filling ingredients. Place in cast iron skillet. I used a 10'' cast iron skillet.
- In a seperate bowl combine the topping ingredients. Work mixture with your hands until all pieces are coated with butter. Spread over strawberry filling.
- Place cast iron skillet in smoker and close lid. Smoke for 30 minutes or until crumble top is golden brown and strawberries are bubbling.
- Serve with ice cream.