A few simple ingredients take these grilled hamburgers over the top! You will get a juicy, delicious burger that I call the BEST around. I bet you have all these ingredients in your pantry so grab them and grill yourself a burger tonight.
You guys, what on earth has taken me so long to make a homemade hamburger patty recipe? It’s so easy and the ingredients are all in my pantry, so it’s not like I had to do anything special. The end result was a juicy, homemade classic burger that I might dare to call the Best Hamburger Recipe!
Why this recipe works:
- Requires a few pantry staples that make it the best burger ever.
- It’s juicy, tender and bursting with flavor.
- Use an 80/20 ground beef mixture to achieve the juicy burger of your dreams.
I simply took an egg, seasoning salt and garlic pepper and added it to my ground hamburger. Tip, make sure your hamburger is 80% lean to get the juiciest hamburger.
Only a few ingredients in addition to your ground beef, but it really levels up your burger game just make sure it’s 80/20.
Essentially Fat = Flavor
Just remember that.
Steps to Prepare
- Mix & Patty – In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients. Split into 1/4’s. Form each portion loosely into a burger and make a depression in the center with your thumb.
- Grill – Heat a gas grill to high heat. When it reaches 350 – 400 degrees F place burgers on grill grate. Grill the first side about 3 minutes or until golden brown and slightly charred. Flip over burgers. Cook an additional 6 minutes or until it reaches desired doneness. While burgers are cooking butter the insides of the buns. Place buns, butter side down, on grill grates to toast. Remove from grill when they are lightly toasted.
- Serve – When the burgers are done, remove from grill place on toasted bun and top with lettuce, onion and tomato or you favorite toppings!
- Fat = Flavor – Use beef that is no leaner than 85% but I prefer 80%. Due to the high fat content your burger will be juicy and full of flavor. Beware that higher fat meat with shrink more when they are grilled.
- Don’t Overmix – Use a light touch when combining seasoning with the ground beef, if you mix to much you will be left with dense and heavy burgers.
- Let the Flavors Mingle – If you have time mix up the hamburgers, patty them and then let them sit in the fridge for several hours to help the flavor mingle. When you form the patties wet your hands to keep the beef from sticking to them. Separate the patties with my favorite hamburger patty paper.
- Form the Perfect Patty – Ideally you want the burger to be about 3/4 inch thick. To keep the patties from swelling in the middle make a small indentation in the center.
- Perfect Grill Temperature – Make sure you don’t cook your patties over high heat. You want to cook them over a medium-low to medium heat. This will keep your burgers juicy. A high heat will burn the outside of the burger and the inside will not be done.
- Make a Cheeseburger – If you want to make the Best Hamburger Recipe into the Best Cheeseburger Recipe simply add a slice of cheese during the last minute of grilling.
- Freeze the Patties – I love to make up a bunch of these hamburger patties and then simply stack them between my favorite hamburger patty paper so when I’m dying for a good hamburger they are handy. Trust, me this is pretty much all summer long. It’s so handy to have a stocked freezer with these in there because you never know when you get the urge for a juicy hamburger or when you are going to have unexpected company!
- How Long to Cook Burgers on Gas Grill? Grill the burgers for 3 minutes or until golden brown and slightly charred, flip burger over. Continue to grill 2-3 minutes for a medium rare burger, 3-4 minutes for medium and 5-6 minutes for well done burgers.
- What Temp to Grill a Hamburger too? The United State Department of Agriculture recommends to grill burgers to an internal temp of 160 degrees F to ensure all areas of the food have reached a temperature of at least 140 degrees F or higher. If you are looking for a medium well burger cook it until 150 degrees F. This is because E. coli is killed at 155 degrees F, so the USDA sets the minimum safe temperature for ground beef at 160 degrees F.
- Make them indoors – Craving a burger in the middle of winter or maybe you don’t have a grill. Simply prepare these on a grill pan on the stove top. They are still delicious and juicy!
More Burger Recipes!
- Add a little south of the border flair with this easy Taco Burger that’s topped with guacamole and pico de gallo!
- Fire up your wood pellet grill for an easy dinner burst with flavor when you make these easy Smoked Hamburgers.
- Want a little breakfast for dinner? Easy Fried Egg Burger combine two of your favorites!
If you have a moment, please comment below leaving a 5-star rating, that would make my day!
Tag me on Instagram when you make this @gimmesomegrilling or #gimmesomegrilling – love to see your delicious eats!!
The Best Hamburger Recipe
- 1 lb ground hamburger 80% lean
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 hamburger buns
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 1 red onion
- 1 tomato sliced
- In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients. Split into 1/4's. Form each portion loosely into a burger and make a depression in the center with your thumb.
- Heat a gas grill to high heat. When it reaches 350 - 400 degrees F place burgers on grill grat. Grill the first side about 3 minutes or until golden brown and slightly charred. Flip over burgers. Cook an additional 6 minutes or until it reaches desired doneness.
- While burgers are cooking butter the insides of the buns. Place buns, butter side down, on grill grates to toast. Remove from grill when they are lightly toasted.
- When the burgers are done, remove from grill place on toasted bun and top with lettuce, onion and tomato or you favortie toppings!