How to Make a Burger Board!
Are you looking for a fun summer charcuterie board? Are you grilling out but want to change things up a little? Try creating a fun Burger Board next time you are hosting a party!
Grab a large board, or tray and add your grilled hamburger patties and all your favorite hamburger toppings. Having everything in one spot where you and your guest can create their own hamburger will be the perfect hamburger charcuterie board this year.
Summer is here and that means its grilling season! There’s nothing like a hot juicy burger straight from the grill.
Burgers are my go-to summer entertaining meal, too. Pair them with hot dogs for the kids, salads, fruit and an ice cream treat and you have a stress-free backyard BBQ that’s easy to host.
You are going to be famous for your hamburger charcuterie board when you make it for Father’s Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July and everything in between!
What is a Burger Charcuterie Board?
First thing is first, what is a charcuterie board other than a really hard word to say and spell! Charcuterie is actually a french term for a branch of cooking that is mainly prepared, cured meats and is arranged on a board and served.
These days it’s turned into anything you can arrange on a board and serve. Henceforth why we are calling this a Burger Charcuterie Board or Hamburger Board today!
What you Need to Create this Hamburger Charcuterie Board
- Hamburgers – We use our favorite homemade burgers, but you can grab premade patties. Make sure to season them. We love using our Beef Seasoning on them!
- Hamburger Buns – We used ones with sesame seeds, but anything that is a sturdy, large bun to hold up to the toppings works great.
- Toppings – Slice up red onions, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, pickles etc.
- Condiments – Mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, relish, burger sauce and more.
- Sides – We used French Fries, but chips would be a great alternative.
What Charcuterie Board Did you use?
We used a large round wood platter with hands for this DIY food board. I really like it when they have handles because it makes them easier to transport and carry to a table after arranging.
Our board was round, but you could also use a large rectangle serving platter too.
How to Create a Burger Board
- Prep Board – The first thing you want to do is line your board with parchment paper. This will help keep grease or liquids from any hamburger toppings and makes clean up easier!
- Condiments – The next thing you want to do is put all your condiments in small bowls. Then place them on the board.
- Arrange Board – Start by adding the burgers in a curved arrangement layering them along the outside of the board. After that start placing the toppings on the board. We did the cheese slices on the opposite side of the board as the burgers in a similar arrangement to anchor the board. After that we just took the toppings and arranged them filling in gaps with burger buns at the end!
What Hamburger Recipe Did You Use?
We used our famous grilled hamburger recipe, but I also love our smoked burgers that are irresistible.
If you don’t want to patty your own burgers grab some from the store, just remember to season them with salt, pepper, seasoned salt etc to give them a boost of flavor.
Better yet, order a bottle of our famous Beef Seasoning to take your burgers and steak over the top!
Hamburger Topping Ideas
There’s so many different variations of burger toppings these days. Pretty much, the sky is the limit! You can also stick the classic or throw a few special toppings on the board to surprise people with.
- Tomatoes – Pick a beef steak tomato or a large tomato to cover your burger.
- Lettuce – Leafy lettuce or iceberg lettuce works the best.
- Bacon – Try smoking your bacon on your electric smoker. The flavor is amazing and there’s no mess to clean up!
- Pickles – We have sliced burger pickles on our tray, but try surprising people with a spicy pickle!
- Cheese – Spice things up with pepper jack cheese or keep it classic with slices of cheddar cheese. You can top the burgers and let it melt while grilling or leave them naked and let guests top their own burgers or better yet, do a few of each!
- Eggs – Have you ever tried our burger with a fried egg? Out of this word delicious!
- Onion – We used a thinly sliced red onion, but white onion works too. Throw a cast iron skillet on the grill and make some caramelized onions!
- Burger Sauce – Why stop with ketchup and mustard? Throw some Burger Sauce on there or even a little White BBQ Sauce!
Prep Ahead Tip!
If you want to prep the board ahead of time just leave room for the burgers on the side and place the rest of the condiments and toppings on the board.
Then cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator.
Grill your burgers and then arrange them on the board and serve!
What to serve with Hamburgers!
- You can never go wrong with a fresh fruit tray or salad. Keep it simple!
- Nothing screams All-American summer than burgers and Baked Beans on the Grill.
- Pair it with a classic Macaroni Salad that you can make ahead of time.
- Don’t forget to grab some ice cream treats or popsicles to cool off with after you serve dinner.
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag me on Instagram at @gimmesomegrilling or #gimmesomegrilling so I can see your grilling masterpieces!
DIY Hamburger Board
- 8 cooked hamburger patties
- 8 hamburger buns
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- 8 slices cheese
- 1 large red onions thinly sliced
- 1 beefsteak tomato thinly sliced
- 1 cup hamburger pickles drained
- 1 head lettuce
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup mustard
- French Fries or Chips optional
- Place parchment paper on the tray before adding ingredients.
- Start by adding condiments and pickles to small bowls.
- Add cooked hamburgers and hamburger buns to the tray.
- Fill in remaining hamburger toppings and finish by adding French fries to the tray before serving.
Leave a Comment