You’ll keep a bottle of this Burger Sauce in your refrigerator at all times to top your burgers, dip your fries in and so much more! It’s finger lickin’ good. It will remind you of the sauce on Big Macs, but dare I say better? So easy to make and delicious.
Man, do I love grilling season. We love to fire up our grill for dinner most evenings in the summer. It’s like the warm weather just calls for a tasty meal cooked over an open flame. Burgers are super popular in our house, and once we discovered how to make the most perfect burger sauce ever, I think we may have eaten burgers for a week straight just to have more of the sauce!
This homemade burgers sauce takes master grilling creations to the next level. It’s got the perfect complimentary flavor and I even love to dip my air fryer french fries in it too! It’s just so tasty and absolutely addictive.
Why You’ll Love Burger Sauce
- It only takes 5 minutes to whip up a batch of this classic burger sauce. Don’t worry, you can get to your delicious burger just as quickly!
- You can make this easy recipe ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until needed. Make it for your party coming up so it’s one less thing to keep on that mental list that is stacking up.
- This is the easiest way to add incredible flavor to your burgers. A family favorite and crowd-pleaser!
Ingredients for the Best Burger Sauce
- Mayonnaise – Even if you don’t like mayonnaise, use it in this creamy burger sauce. Don’t replace it with Miracle Whip, the flavor will not be the same.
- Ketchup – Ketchup gives this sauce for burgers the tomato tang and flavor that it needs.
- Yellow mustard – Make sure you measure out the right amount of mustard so that your sauce isn’t too tart or tangy.
- Dried minced onion – The dried minced onion is the best way to get a strong onion flavor. Onion powder is a good replacement, but may not be as powerful.
- Garlic powder – A little dash of garlic powder adds a lovely flavor to this sauce.
- White vinegar – It may seem odd to use white vinegar, but it adds just the right amount of tanginess to this recipe.
How to Make Burger Sauce
In a small mixing bowl, mix together the condiments and white vinegar. Then add all the spices and mix well until thoroughly combined.
Cover the sauce and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
Add your favorite burger or use as dipping sauce for your fries, potatoes, and side dishes.
How to Store Leftover Burger Sauce
Place leftover sauce into an airtight container, like a mason jar, and store in the refrigerator for about a week. It will last for a little while after that as well, but the flavor may change a bit.
Give it a good shake or stir before serving!
What to Eat with Burger Sauce
You can also eat it on sandwiches! This Rachel sandwich calls for Russian dressing or thousand island dressing, but homemade burger sauce would be so tasty.
Is secret burger sauce just Thousand Island dressing?
Though these two condiments look very similar, they are not the same. Burger sauce is made creamy from a base of mayonnaise and has a very different flavor.
Thousand island dressing is more thin and the base is made from sour cream. However, you can use thousand island on a burger if you’re in a pinch! But trust me, you’ll wanna take the extra five minutes to make this incredible classic burger sauce,
Should I put burger sauce on the top or bottom bun?
Whatever your preference is! You can put sauce on both the top and bottom or just one bun. If you add other condiments as well, I recommend putting burger sauce on one side the rest of your condiments on the other side.
- You can put burger sauce into an empty squeeze bottle to make it more easy to distribute on your burgers.
- Double or triple this recipe if you’re making a lot of burgers and need the sauce to go a long way.
- Make sure you use high quality condiments so that the sauce has the best and most delicious flavor.
Let us know how you like this sauce and your favorite ways to use it!
More Tasty Sauce Recipes You’ll Love
- Kick up the flavor at your next cook-out with this easy and mouthwateringly good Homemade BBQ Sauce. Such a simple recipe!
- If you’ve never tried white BBQ sauce, you absolutely have to! Our recipe for Alabama White BBQ Sauce is so good for chicken, pork, and so many other incredible barbecue dishes.
- Tzatziki Sauce can be used in tons of Greek recipes or simply used to dip fresh vegetables in!
- You can never have too many bbq sauce recipes, so try out our Sassy and Sweet BBQ Sauce for a fun twist.
Shop Our Spices
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ teaspoons yellow mustard
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ½ teaspoon dried minced onion
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon white vinegar
- In a small mixing bowl mix all the ingredients for the sauce until well combined.
- Place in the refrigerator in an airtight container until ready to use.