This over the top Cheesy Bacon Burger with Fried Egg is the perfect new way to enjoy a burger! Homemade burger with a fried egg, bacon and cheese on top!
Burger with Fried Egg
This post is part of a kick butt burger grill giveaway hosted by GirlCarnivore but the burger epicness is all my own.
Picture this. Diving into a juicy burger topped with gooey cheese, an over easy egg, lettuce and crisp bacon. My friends, you have just met the amazing Burger with Fried Egg. It’s going to be your new best friend this summer and compete for the BEST burger ever. Right up there with our just released Taco Burger. I’m not sure which one will win. They have a special place in my heart.
This burger with fried egg was a long time coming. I really owe most of the credit to my husband.
What on earth took my that long?
I was swooning. I was following suite and ordering every single burger with fried egg on every menu in a 60 mile radius. Priorities people.
My dreams were filled with my sinking my teeth into a juicy burger that was topped with a fried egg. To be specific an over easy egg that was cooked to perfection and left me with a mess. Don’t worry that mess didn’t bother me a bit.
Cheeseburger with Fried Egg
After treating myself to a few to many of these burgers I started to ponder just why I haven’t created my own cheeseburger with fried egg.
And I was on a mission.
First I had to make The BEST Hamburger Patty ever to start the burger with. After that was done I was on to developing the recipe of the recipe.
What I came up with was a juicy cheeseburger piled onto a toasted hamburger bun, leaf lettuce, crisp bacon and an over easy egg.
Meet your new favorite burger.
The Burger with Fried Egg.
Ingredients Needed for Burger with Fried Egg
- Hamburger patties
- Cheese Slices
- Bacon Slices
- Lettuce leaves
- Salt & Pepper
How to Make Hamburger with Fried Egg
I’ll be honest, there are quiet a few steps. None of them are hard just read through them before you make this delicious burger.
The first thing you want to do is preheat your grill to 350 – 400 degrees F. Then place your burgers on the grill. Flip after about 3 minutes and then cook an additional 6 minutes. When you have one minute left of grilling time place slice of cheese on top of burgers. USDA recommends an internal temperature for 160 degrees F for hamburgers.
Butter the insides of your bun and place on grill to toast them.
While the burgers are cooking prepare bacon in skillet according to directions on package. You can even do this ahead of time and cover with tinfoil to keep warm.
You’ll also want to make your eggs. Heat a pan with 2 Tbsp butter over medium high heat. When the butter foams, break the eggs into the pan, spacing them about 2 inches apart. Reduce the heat to low and season the eggs with salt and pepper. Cover the pan and cook until the whites are set and the yolks are just beginning to firm around the edge, about 5 minutes. The key is to not cook these to long so you have that delicious runny egg!
Then it’s time to assemble the burger!
Place a leaf of lettuce on bun, top with burger, bacon and egg.
More Burger Recipes
Did I mention that I’m joining together with my favorite bloggers for Burger Month? Actually it’s almost ending but that doesn’t mean you are missing out!
Find all of the awesome Burger Month recipes and giveaway info at BurgerMonth.com. Burgers are a favorite for summer cookouts and you will find plenty of inspiration for the best burger cookout ever.
WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO FOR THIS CHEESY BACON BURGER WITH FRIED EGG RECIPE BELOW:
If you enjoy watching these videos make sure you subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified each time a post a new video!
Don’t forget, comment below and let me know how much you love this meal! Post a picture on Instagram and be sure to tag me so I can see it too! I’m loving all of your delicious foodie pics! You can find me at @gimmesomegrilling or just #gimmesomegrilling -if you hashtag me, I’ll get to see it that way too!
Cheesy Bacon Burger with Fried Egg
- 4 hamburger patties
- 4 slices cheese
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 Tbsp butter divided
- 4 eggs
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 buns
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat a gas grill to high heat. When it reaches 350 - 400 degrees F place burgers on grill grate. Grill the first side about 3 minutes or until golden brown and slightly charred. Flip over burgers. Cook an additional 6 minutes or until it reaches desired doneness. When you have one minute left of grilling time place a slice of cheese on top of burger and let it melt.
- While burgers are cooking you will want to fry your eggs either on a skillet on the stove or on the grill. Heat a pan with 2 Tbsp butter over medium high heat. When the butter foams, break the eggs into the pan, spacing them about 2 inches apart. Reduce the heat to low and season the eggs with salt and pepper. Cover the pan and cook until the whites are set and the yolks are just beginning to firm around the edge, about 5 minutes.
- You will also want to prepare your bacon according to directions on package while burger is cooking.
- While burgers are cooking butter the insides of the buns with 2 Tbsp butter. Place buns, butter side down, on grill grates to toast. Remove from grill when they are lightly toasted.
- When the burgers are done, remove from grill place on toasted bun and top with lettuce, bacon and egg!
A huge thanks to the #BurgerMonth sponsors, American Lamb Board, Anolon, Cabot Cheese, Crow Canyon Home, Melissa’s Produce, Microplane, New York Beef Council, Red Duck, Spiceologist, Veal Made Easy, and Weber Grills.