Fresh asparagus that is grilled to crisp tender! This easy grilled side dish recipe only requires a few ingredients and is the perfect easy, healthy side dish when you are grilling.
It can also be made on the stove top in a grill pan if you’d like! Pair it with a Ranch Grilled Pork Tenderloin or Grilled Pineapple Pork Chops and finish your meal with our favorite Grilled Apple Dump Cake. This asparagus recipe will become a staple at your house just like it is at mine!
The days are getting longer and I know spring is in the air! One of my very favorite parts of spring are the fruits and vegetables we start seeing and my favorite spring vegetable? Asparagus!
Though we see asparagus in the market all year long the true season for asparagus is the spring! That’s when the stalks are thin, sweet and tender!
I love Bacon Wrapped Asparagus, but this grilled asparagus recipe keeps it even simpler! I’m sharing some quick tricks and tips so you can make perfectly grilled asparagus every time.
Ingredients For Grilled Asparagus
- Olive oil
How to Grill Asparagus
- Preheat the grill to high, if you’re using a grill pan, heat it on medium-high heat.
- Drizzle the asparagus with olive oil, sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper.
- Brush the grates lightly with olive oil.
- Place the asparagus spears on the grill
- Grill the asparagus spears for 4 minutes per side until lightly charred. Turn them often so that they are grilled on all sides.
- Serve and enjoy!
Pretty simple right? You got this!
How long does it take to grill asparagus?
It takes about 8-10 minutes total to grill the asparagus. Don’t overcook it our it will become mushy. You want it to still have a slight bite with you eat it.
Can you grill asparagus on the stove?
If the weather is poor you can certainly use a stove top grill! Heat the grill pan to medium-high heat. Prepare the asparagus as directed and grill right on the stove.
If you have any additional questions please leave us a comment and we will do our best to answer them!
How to Serve Grilled Asparagus
I like to keep it simple seasoning with olive oil, salt and pepper but you can certainly doll-up this veg for serving!
Compound Butter is a delicious condiment and a great to finish off asparagus! If you’re using butter apply it when it comes off the grill and it’s still hot!
Bernaise Sauce can be drizzled over right before serving! This recipe has a blender version that makes it super easy to whip this up quickly. No worry about the eggs scrambling in this recipe!
Or try a Classic Hollandaise Sauce – it’s so easy to make in a blender, but looks and tastes super fancy!
It’s also a great side to serve with Smoked Venison Roast!
What’s your favorite grilled vegetable? This is a great choice if you’re having a cookout! Grilled asparagus is the BEST!
More of my favorite grilled vegetable recipes!
- Seasoned Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges
- Grilled Green Beans Foil Packets
- Cheesy Potatoes on the Grill with Bacon
- Grilled Cauliflower Steak
- Bacon Wrapped Grilled Brussels Sprouts
- Grilled Sweet Potatoes
Shop Our Spices
- 1 lb asparagus trimmed
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat your grill for high, direct heat or heat your grill pan on medium-high heat.
- Coat asparagus with olive oil, garlic salt and pepper.
- Brush the grill grates lightly with olive oil. Place the asparagus spears on the grill so that the thickest ends are aimed toward the hottest part of the grill.
- Grill the asparagus spears for 4 minutes on each side until lightly charred and just fork tender, turning them often so that they are brown on all sides.
- Remove from grill and serve.